Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
shafin
shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle
Fastboot stuck at waiting for device [linux]

I'm tryiong to debrick my kindle 4 NT and got it into fastboot mode. I'm working on ubuntu and lsusb shows the device as 1949:d0d0 Lab126.

However, when I issue the fastboot command to flash the diag partition, it gets stuck into waiting for device. One point to note is that 'fastboot devices' does not return any result, so the device is not probably recognized by fastboot.
shafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
driver issue.

You get this sorted now?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafin View Post
I'm tryiong to debrick my kindle 4 NT and got it into fastboot mode. I'm working on ubuntu and lsusb shows the device as 1949:d0d0 Lab126.

However, when I issue the fastboot command to flash the diag partition, it gets stuck into waiting for device. One point to note is that 'fastboot devices' does not return any result, so the device is not probably recognized by fastboot.
You **MUST** be 'root' to access device hardware!

sudo fastboot ... whatever ...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You **MUST** be 'root' to access device hardware!

sudo fastboot ... whatever ...
DOH! and that
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
shafin
shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.shafin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
driver issue.

You get this sorted now?
Yep, got it sorted. Was actually another issue.

Ubuntu and many other linux distributions have fastboot in their repositories, but apparently that implementation does not work with kindle. The fastboot command I was giving was passed to the system fastboot command and it could not handle the kindle. Once I got kindle specific fastboot script, it worked like a charm.

BTW, I am having another problem right now. My kindle is a 3g version, and it had strong signal in my home. But since debricking it, 3g signal is always at 0 bars. Not that it renders the kindle useless, but it's kinda annoying.
shafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert