Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
E-Ink Reader Bailout

E-Ink Reader Bailout

Washington, DC. As part of the US Government’s massive bailout of financial institutions, many have complained of the additional measures tacked on the bill—the so-called “pork.” Amid the subsidies for wooden shafted children’s arrows and foot stomped grape wine was an almost overlooked provision for dedicated e-ink based book readers.

Under Section 37.302 of the bill, anyone in the US that purchased an e-ink book reader after January 1, 2003 and before December 31, 2009 is entitled to a $500 rebate directly from the Government. The checks are to be issued starting on December 15, 2008.

The checks are to be issued to anyone that can prove that they own or owned an e-ink reader within that period. Valid proofs of ownership include an original bill of sale including serial number and the unit itself with a valid serial number. The rebate is not based on the original purchase price of the unit.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Where do I sign up?!?!

Also, I hear that the current administration's EPA administrator together with the Senate Armed Forces Committee (everyone else was out to lunch that day) have just come up with a new Air Bailout. All U.S. Citizens (i.e., The American People) who can show that they actually breathed ambient air (not that fancy shmancy bottled stuff) any time between Jan. 20, 2001 through Jan. 20, 2009 (curious dates) and who can still fog a mirror are ENTITLED! ENTITLED! ENTITLED! to a $2500 tax rebate directly from our Federal Government. Checks will be signed by the Secretary of the Treasury and cosigned by the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader. Your children (and their first, second, third, and fourth born) will be cosigning the $423,895,557,283,338.00 loan whether they are present or not. Proof of breathing is not actually required. Just exhale one last time and the money's yours.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Unfair! This clearly discriminates against those of us who purchased non-e-ink devices during that time period.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Unfair! This clearly discriminates against those of us who purchased non-e-ink devices during that time period.
Yeah. I'd be more concerned if I wasn't getting the rebate.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Yeah. I'd be more concerned if I wasn't getting the rebate.
And they should really make the bailout worldwide! Or else!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
And they should really make the bailout worldwide! Or else!
yeah !!! especially since i bought my (non e-ink) liseuse FROM THE US !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
My eInk device is available in the US, so that should be enough for me to get the rebate. AND, given many UK retaillers seem to think that £1=$1, I should get £500, not $500 in sterling. And I will stamp my foot and cry if I don't. So there.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
No, no, Zelda. The rebate is for only ebook readers - not liselusielsusles.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
My eInk device is available in the US, so that should be enough for me to get the rebate. AND, given many UK retaillers seem to think that £1=$1, I should get £500, not $500 in sterling. And I will stamp my foot and cry if I don't. So there.
Oh god, not the FOOTSTAMPING!!??!??! See, you better make it worldwide, I'll take my check in Euro thank you very much....
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

May I get mine in sterling or euros also, please?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
excellent point !!! so i should get 500€.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No, no, Zelda. The rebate is for only ebook readers - not liselusielsusles.
pfff, details, details. talk to me about freedom fries.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!

Freedom fries are flavorless, soggy, short, cold fried potatoes. No wait, that's Burger King fries.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Freedom fries are flavorless, soggy, short, cold fried potatoes. No wait, that's Burger King fries.
Nope, BK fries are the good ones over here, the ones you described are the McD's fries!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Well, to be precise, they all sort of suck since they quit using any sort of good oil. It's time to bring back lard!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

wow, from the e-ink bailout to fried potatoes and pig fat in only 12 posts. pshrynk will be so proud.

Tags
unutterable silliness