Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #346
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
According to the Canada Post website I should receive my new Skin Digital cover today or tomorrow
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #347
allan175
allan175 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF&F Reader View Post
Looks good. This bit sounds interesting though:

Emphasis mine
Haha.....Well spotted!
allan175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #348
RangoX
RangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Do you have any experiences with this cover from Speck?

http://www.speckproducts.com/ereader...obo-touch.html

It looks good, simple, just what I need, but I'm concerned that it looks like the inside of the front cover has a "bezel" or something of the size of the screen (why did they do that???), and I prefer that the cover I buy doesn't touch the screen when I close it :S
RangoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #349
Brainfrz
Brainfrz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad 1st gen
i'm searching for a nice cover for my kobo touch, and there's a lot of choice. One thing i'm wondering though: why isn't there a cover that looks like a book.

Like the bookbook covers for mac and ipad.
Brainfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #350
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainfrz View Post
i'm searching for a nice cover for my kobo touch, and there's a lot of choice. One thing i'm wondering though: why isn't there a cover that looks like a book.
That would be nice indeed. Closest I could find was http://www.collinsbooks.com.au/Kobo-.../817828010063#
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #351
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
There was one done by Moleskine that was real pretty... and Chapters Indigo in Canada is selling a "canvas bookstyle" that's close.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #352
framboos
framboos began at the beginning.

Smile

Old fashioned bookcases like these?
http://www.klevercase.co.uk/

They're from a company that specializes in making dummy books
http://www.manorbindery.co.uk/

If you're from the Netherlands I found them at the easereader.nl webshop which is (if you live here) cheaper than ordering directly from the company (with shipping et all)

Of course you can also make one yourself!
http://booksprung.com/how-to-make-a-...om-an-old-book
http://www.instructables.com/id/crea...r-using-sugru/
http://tablets.wonderhowto.com/how-t...-book-0125342/

Last edited by framboos; 09-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.
framboos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #353
Brainfrz

oww, nice, as a matter of fact i ám from the Netherlands

I'll check that one out
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #354
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow nice! Thanks framboos!
Fancy that, three Nederlanders in here at once
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #355
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Easereader.nl also has Verso Prologue Antique covers like this one:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	verso_prologue.png
Views:	162
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	91922   Click image for larger version

Name:	verso_prologue2.png
Views:	172
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	91924  
Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #356
Brainfrz

Those Verso covers are really nice, but damn, 55 or 65 euro, that's more than half the price of the Touch itself :X
Old 09-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #357
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I really like the Skin Digital flip cover (in red!)but can anyone tell me if there's
room at the top to slot in a light?
Thanks
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #358
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
I really like the Skin Digital flip cover (in red!)but can anyone tell me if there's
room at the top to slot in a light?
Thanks
You mean this one right? http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...over-Flip.html

It depends on what kind of light, with what kind of clip... It doesn't look like it can clip onto the Touch itself. It might be able to clip over the entire top with Touch and cover in between the clip... Or if you have a bendable light, you could clip it onto the side of the flap that you flip over if that makes sense. Safest is to go and look at one... (But I know I know, shopping from the settee is much more fun )
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #359
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Talking

Yes that's the one Mrs_Often, and you are sooo right, shopping from my nice warm sofa is way better than going out into the cold . I'm very spoilt.
Anyway as i mentioned in another post as I just might be able to get the Glo i better hold off for covers as the Glo is slightly smaller than the Touch. (It would be!!)
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #360
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Yes that's the one Mrs_Often, and you are sooo right, shopping from my nice warm sofa is way better than going out into the cold . I'm very spoilt.
Anyway as i mentioned in another post as I just might be able to get the Glo i better hold off for covers as the Glo is slightly smaller than the Touch. (It would be!!)

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel