Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
MicroSD cards - any suggestions ?

Are there any constraints or suggestions in terms of MicroSD cards for use with the Nook Color and/or Rooted Nook Color ?

Specifically, speed and capacity ?

Or does it not matter beyond what would apply to any portable computer ?
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
It depends on how you're using it. If you are just using it as storage, any will do. If you want to use it to boot an alternate OS (nookie froyo, honeycomb, etc) without having to root your internal nook OS, you want at least a class 6 card, and plenty of space (4GB or more).
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
It depends on how you're using it. If you are just using it as storage, any will do. If you want to use it to boot an alternate OS (nookie froyo, honeycomb, etc) without having to root your internal nook OS, you want at least a class 6 card, and plenty of space (4GB or more).
That's an interesting twist... one only hears about rooting, not about "booting without having to root".

I'll have to look up more on that, thanks !
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
dschoemaker
Reading Fool
dschoemaker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, 2x Nook Color, NST, IPad 1 & 3
I went through a few cards, found that some of the cheaper ones are worth what you pay for them. Yea . . . . ADATA... I'm pointing at you! IMHO Transcend makes good cards, go with class 6 or better for boot cards.

As far as space... your nook came with 5gb, so anything equal or better should be good to go. I've seen people claim all the way up to 32 gb on the android forums. THAT would be a LOT of books.... Keep in mind that you lose access to the 5gb on your NC (unless you dual boot and go back and forth) and cannot access internal storage material if your SD booting.
dschoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoemaker View Post
I've seen people claim all the way up to 32 gb on the android forums. THAT would be a LOT of books.... .
Nup, I have four movies that look amazing on the Nook, and now I can watch them wherever I want.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert