Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Smashwords Read an Ebook Week Specials

Lots of great book deals on Smashwords this week to celebrate Read an Ebook Week March 6-12. My cart is filling up fast!!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1
Old 03-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I Just bought Patrica Ryan's backlist and a couple other authors
I am having problems getting a few coupons to work.
Anyone else with this problem?

Last edited by Blossom; 03-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All my coupon codes worked fine, but the site is very slow today...probably heavy traffic because of the sale. Maybe that is the problem.

I got 16 books and it is only the first day....I am doomed - in a good book-ish kinda way
Old 03-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's this one here. It just wont work.

It really hard to sort through with it so slow.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
mish
Addict

I tried it and it didn't work for me either. I would contact smashwords or the author. Maybe it is a glitch with the coupon.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thanks for trying. I sent Smashwords a email telling them.

Update: It's now working and it's Free instead of 50% off!

Last edited by Blossom; 03-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Janette55
Connoisseur
Janette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it isJanette55 knows what time it is

Device: Sony 900
I have never been to Smashwords, so am going to check them out. I'm on a quest to find new authors and want to give indies a try. Preference is PNR, but also like to read fantasy and sci-fi
Really, LOL, I guess you could say them all, as I like historical romance, gothic, horror, western, mystery, suspense and others (just no menages or m/m, sorry not my cup of tea)

Do I have to have a coupon to get books?
Where do I find them?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
mish
Addict

Janette, for this promotion the coupon code will be listed on the book detail page right under the book price. Just add the book to your cart and you will see a box where you can input the code, then click the update button and it should apply the coupon. You can then check out or continue shopping for more books. You must apply the applicable code (they won't all be the same) for each book. The link in my original post should bring you to the list of the books that are on sale. Happy hunting!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

This was my first time buying from Smashwords. I have gotten free books before but never purchase anything from them. I just spent $25 and got a load of backlist titles from various romance authors. I am done now. lol Still going through all the freebies for this promo which will take forever!

Just in case new people like me didn't know Smashwords does take PayPal!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks for trying. I sent Smashwords a email telling them.

Update: They remove the coupon for that book so I guess it was a mistake.

Try it again. RE100 is working for 100% off on the one you linked.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Thanks so much! Last I check they removed the coupon.
The first coupon was 50% off but now it's Free! Woot!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
mish
Addict

way cool! I had tried that one and all the other codes earlier and none worked on that book. Now that's what I call fixing it
Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Site update from Smashwords:

March 6, 2011 - Read an Ebook is off to a strong start. Several bugs were reported on the coupon codes, but we're stomping them out one at a time so things are almost fixed. Looks like we're on track to book record sales today, both in terms of number of books purchased and also revenue. Also on track to blow away previous records on number of page views and unique visitors. The site is holding up okay under the heavy traffc, though it is sluggish. I'll update some of the metrics above later today.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
CHunter_Author
Zealot
CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CHunter_Author ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Yeah, there are some great deals to be had. I have one book today and will go back for more.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
moniqee
moniqee doesn't littermoniqee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
^__^ Thank you for the information.

I got a few ebooks I wanted and still browsing over the list.
Closed Thread