Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
wiggy97
wiggy97 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Trouble downloading to PC

I usually download direct from the amazon.co.uk site to my PC (win7Pro) and the add books to my Calibre reader.
Today when I download Kindle unlimited books (usually direct purchases) the file name is not azw3 but "file" and the book name is azw3(x). When I try to add to Calibre I get a message Errno 22 invalid file name or mode wbN.
I cannot therefore add to Calibre. I am using calibre 2.81 which has been fine up to today but the problem seems to be at the download stage as the downloaded file has the wrong name and file type.
Any and all thoughts gratefully received.
Wiggy
wiggy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:56 AM   #2
wiggy97

Further thought

Seems to be related to Kindle unlimited - any suggestions please?
Advert
Old 05-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #3
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Try renaming the azw3(x).file to something.azw3 and import that into calibre.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #4
wiggy97

Perfect thank you!

Many thanks!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:12 AM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Why are you adding Kindle Unlimited books to Calibre?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Why are you adding Kindle Unlimited books to Calibre?

Shari
He doesn't have a subscription, or they would not be direct purchases. I think.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote