Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
As someone pointed out, this makes the database bigger.
Howevever, I've already got one that I'm no longer using that I needed for a device I no longer have, so it looks like that will get repurposed.
A custom column built from others does not increase the database size. It will affect performance whenever it is used. If it isn't normally displayed, then it doesn't have affect. As to the database size, you would need to add a tag to a very large number of books to make a noticeable difference in the size of the database. The tag names are store in one table, the connection between them is another table which is simply three integers for each book-tag combination.

But, I might have misunderstood what you want. I interpreted it as wanting to put news article into collections using their tags, but not use the tags for other books. Were you trying to do something else?
Quote:
I found I also have a template in my plugboard that manipulates tags during device send, but it looks like the kobo extended driver ignores that, which is unfortunate, because if it used it, I wouldn't need the custom column.
Are you using the plugboard for the KoboTouchDriver? I'm sure I have used it in the past. And you will need to select epub as the format. But, this won't help with the collections. The collections management is independent of what the plugboard does.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In order to use Tags & Series, all that's needed to be done is to edit the Kobo Reader Device Interface driver. From Plugins in Preferences. When Customizing this plugin, click the Extra Customization tab. In the space for "Kobo supports several collections including Read, Closed, Im_Reading. Create tags for automatic management" put in tags, series. Of course, you can use other columns if you want.
Any particular reason you are configuring the driver used by the old devices? And of course, putting "series" in there would be pointless. Those devices do not support collections. The ones that are displayed in the device list are pseudo-collections based on the book status. These can be set from the tags.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 12:05 AM   #78
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you using the plugboard for the KoboTouchDriver?
No, it is a left over from an older device (sony maybe?) Ironically the only thing I've ever used plugboard for was for tags.

If anyone's curious, here's the template I ended up with:

{tags:'in_list($,",","^News$","{tags}","{#mytags}" )'}

As to database size -- It's not the calibre database size that is the issue, it's the json metadata file that it drops on the device. That file seems to take up to 2-3 minutes to update sometimes, and as far as I can tell, it contains a copy of every column, calculated or not, but I could be mistaken.

Last edited by compurandom; 05-21-2017 at 12:08 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #79
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The sync problem seems to have been fixed in this version -- where it would stall if the sync was started with wi-fi off.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #80
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The sync problem seems to have been fixed in this version -- where it would stall if the sync was started with wi-fi off.
Agree. Finally fixed on my Kobo Aura One. Haven't yet tested the charging light issue!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #81
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
FYI...

my new Aura H2O Edition 2 was pushed 4.4.9344 upon registering it.
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:50 AM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Update just came through. I was on something with 66 I think, so like three or four behind. I like the new home screen and menu. I'll patch tommorow.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #83
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I'm curious if anybody else has run into this highlighting issue. I've noticed with the new update that I can't highlight single sentence paragraphs. I've tested this on multiple books on my KA1. If the paragraph only has one sentence and you highlight it, the highlight process fails. You can see in the pictures I attached that there were three highlight instances on the left image and one highlight instance on the right image. Can anyone reproduce this? Got a fix for it?

I have found an exception if the one sentence paragraph is the only text on a page, as in a quote on the beginning of a section, but overall, I can't highlight single sentence paragraphs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YMRE5DN.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	156964  

Last edited by issybird; 05-24-2017 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Oversize image thumbnailed.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My H2O is using the latest firmware and I am easily able to highlight a single sentence paragraph. I'm using ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-24-2017 at 03:48 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #85
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Cootey ePub or kepub?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:53 PM   #86
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
@Cootey ePub or kepub?
Excellent question. One is an Overdrive library loan book, and the others were purchased from the Kobo store. How do you determine which type? Still new to the finer details of my Kobo reading experience.

As update, my Kobo mini cannot highlight the same one sentence paragraphs, either.

I've been testing length. I've found a two sentence paragraph that won't take a highlight, but I can highlight up to the first ten or so words of the same paragraph. I'm having a difficult time breaking it down into a repeatable problem for you folks. Perhaps I can find a free book on the Kobo store that can be common to all for these tests.

Last edited by Cootey; 05-24-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #87
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Overdrive loans are ePub unless you have a ka1 and its overdrive / kobo integration in which case they too are kepub.

Books purchased from Kobo and downloaded via either wifi or Kobo desktop are kepub.

When you look in the My book view on the Kobo it will say ePub or Kobo ePub at the far right side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #88
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Okay I'm all patched. My brain hurts each time I have to do that. Geoff and everyone who create these patches are amazing.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:56 AM   #89
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm a little confuse a bout this firmware.

Before I install firmware 4.4.9298 I did factory reset and the first book I open was from the my books > authors, in the home screen the second row right option show the author name with number of unread book shown here.
It still shown the same way after I upgrade to 4.4.9344.

Yesterday I did a factory reset and sideload 4.4.9344, and the first book I open was from my books > collections, and now in the home screen the second row right option show the collection and not the author.
It will show the last collection that been open regardless to witch book is last open, it will not change back to author even if I open a book from books > authors.

A bug I have now that didn't occur before is that the light is not turning off in sleeping mode.

Edit: If I open a collection with less than than three books it will show the author of the last open book in the home screen, if after I open a collection with more than three books it will show that collection in the home screen.

Last edited by oren64; 05-25-2017 at 06:07 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:59 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've found a bug with the light for my H2O. I can use the slider on the left side of the screen to get ti down to 1%. But I cannot get it to turn off. I have to use the slider to go from 1% to 0. Previosuly, I could use the left side light control to get down to 1% and then another slide to 0. Now it's 1% and then the slider from 1% to 0.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote