Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 03:34 AM   #526
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
THere is no thirty second timeout. The only case where the server might be slow to start that I know of is if you are running from source, then the first time the server starts it has to compile some code into javascript, which can take a while.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:54 AM   #527
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Just installed 3.0. Everything looks fine at first glance (and without much use - I don't use content server) EXCEPT really not liking the layout button. Couldn't it be possible to choose whether to have them all displayed or hidden behind a button?
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 04:45 AM   #528
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@Kovid, congrats for releasing Version 3.0. I see you polish the help too
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:09 AM   #529
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Divingduck: Thanks, yes the User Manual got some much needed love.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:10 AM   #530
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@MerlinMama: Not something I am particularly interested in implementing, patches are welcome.
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #531
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Kovid congrats on another great milestone with this release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
EXCEPT really not liking the layout button. Couldn't it be possible to choose whether to have them all displayed or hidden behind a button?
@MerlinMama I agree with you. Intellectually I like the concept of the layout button as it currently sits. If this had been the case since the beginning I would have been content, however I am surprised how often I used the button to toggle the tag browser and the cover grid, so it feels awkward to now have to drill down a level to toggle those items. Two weeks from now the new button will be the norm and life moves on.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:03 AM   #532
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
@kovidgoyal First off, thanks for the new 3.0 release, it works great and love the new features. One minor quibble, not sure if I should start a new thread for it, since this beta thread already exists.

My issue right now is that, I have multiple Libraries in my Calibre. The new Content server works fine, also, love that the new server has multiple library support. In my old iPad 2, unfortunately I can't get the new one load (not a big issue), I shifted to the Non-JS version i.e. the "content.server:8080/mobile" where saying I have libraries numbered, 1 to 5. 1 probably being default. When I launch the Content Server within Library 2, and go to the Non-JS website it still gives me the Library 1 listing, and no other way of choosing the other library.

I hope the Non-JS version, can be fixed to use the old library thing.

Any help?

EDIT: Ended up just using the URL from the new system to download the book, but it'd be nice to have this fixed.

Last edited by tempura; 06-16-2017 at 06:11 AM.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #533
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@tempura: The control to chosoe libraries is a thte bottom of the mobile page.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 AM   #534
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It is

You probably just need to refresh the page in your browser. It shows 3.0.0 for me.
Fantastic amount of effort
Bravo on your new release
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #535
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
@tempura: The control to chosoe libraries is a thte bottom of the mobile page.
Oh boy, silly me. Thanks for everything, Kovid. In case it wasn't​ evident thanks for the new release, I love it.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:40 AM   #536
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I made the layout menu a little nicer, hopefully that will help get over the newness. See attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170616_161008.png
Views:	144
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	157338  
Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #537
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I made the layout menu a little nicer, hopefully that will help get over the newness. See attached screenshot.
Looks good, I think this will assist in the pattern recognition of the new layout feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:32 AM   #538
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
It is
You probably just need to refresh the page in your browser. It shows 3.0.0 for me.
I also have got the notice about the update today. I love Calibre. Thank you very much for your lot of effort, @ Kovid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
@Kovid, congrats for releasing Version 3.0. I see you polish the help too
Thanks for pointing to the new help page, @DD.

Quote:
That looks very good.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #539
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
@jhowell: Does it happen with all files or a specific file? Can you install the portable version and try it with default settings?
Thanks for calibre 3!

I will try the new release and if I still have problems I will dig into the cause and go through the normal bug reporting system.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #540
Nicolas F
Zealot
Nicolas F doesn't litterNicolas F doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for calibre v3!

Two details:
-"Show" and "Hide" aren't translated in the layout menu (and I didn't saw them in transifex if I'm not mistaken)
-The new splash screen is great, but the text (initialising...) is partly on "starting up, please wait": Click image for larger version

Name:	TextOverlap.png
Views:	133
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	157339
(on windows 10, with calibre 64bit)

Edit: and "But don't show entries that have..." isn't translated either in the advanced search menu.

Last edited by Nicolas F; 06-16-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote