Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2022, 06:02 AM   #1
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
Rerooting a Nook Classic 1.4.3?

Nookdevs went down years and years ago unfortunately. I need some guidance if anyone here still remembers.

I have a later revision Nook classic, one that does not have a removable emmc card. It is on 1.4.3 right now.

It was already rooted, but recently when I picked it up and tried to wake it from sleep mode, it decided to reinstall it's own firmware. So it's unrooted as far as I can tell and I don't know where to begin. It's been many years since I looked into this.

I have found this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q...ition.2395798/

But I don't know if that is the method I used last time. I do not remember permanently damaging my browser to get root.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
By nook classic, do you mean the the one with the LCD strip?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2022, 06:25 PM   #3
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
Yes, the original Nook.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:29 PM   #4
Dob43
Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!Dob43 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Classic
Yep I remember, and I was the one in the thread you liked to. I have done several of these devices (one of them more than once) and never corrupted the browser in it. I am not sure, but I think that happened to earlier versions of the firmware. It has been a while since I have done it tho.

As I said I had to do one device twice. Why twice? Well I tried to power it on after it had been sitting turned all the way off for several months, and there wasn't enough battery to really start it booting. It kept flashing on for a second, then off. It did this about 11 times then it wiped itself as a built in self-saving 'feature'.

In short if you haven't used it in a while, do NOT just try to turn it on. Plug it IN! Then you won't risk a brain wipe if the battery is too low to boot. Normally, it SHOULD just pop up the battery too low message, but if the battery is at the iffy threshold (not enough to boot but just enough to turn it on a few times) you end up with a brain wiped device you will have to re-root and put ALL your books on again.
Dob43 is offline   Reply With Quote