Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 03:27 AM   #76
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
@BetterRed, I think it's already corrected but your configuration is not right. If you want to store the file name with path, the column which should be filled is "File name", not "File Path"
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:12 AM   #77
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@BetterRed, I think it's already corrected but your configuration is not right. If you want to store the file name with path, the column whic h should be filled is "File name", not "File Path"
@Terisa de Morgan - I am totally & utterly confused, you tell me here I have the PI wrongly configured, yet you issue a new release to correct the problem I reported.

A 'file path' by definition includes its location, if the column specifier called File Path now means the File Location you should give it a new label.

I am 99.99% certain that the way I had it (see attachment 2 in post #71) worked up until Dec 24. I have hundreds of books added before that date that are OK. I am 99.99% certain I didn't change the PI configuration on that date, but I did install version 0.0.7 on that date.

The way I had it configured made sense semantically. IMO asking for 'file path' and then putting the column name in a variable called 'file name' when there's another variable called 'file path' is somewhat bizarre/weird, perverse even

If the current purpose of the File Path column specifier is to specify the File Location I suggest the configuration dialogue be changed accordingly - see attachment.

For aesthetic reasons I would also swap the Without Path and With Path radio buttons. Or, better yet replace them with a "Put full file path in File Name column: " check box. IIRC the best practice UI convention is to use check boxes for either/or choices, and radio buttons when there are between three and seven options to choose from. I appreciate why you might not want to do this.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	154499  

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-26-2017 at 05:49 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 05:54 AM   #78
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
A 'file path' by definition includes its location, if the column specifier called File Path now means the File Location you should give it a new label.
Not for me

Quote:
The way I had it configured made sense semantically. IMO asking for 'file path' and then putting the column name in a variable called 'file name' when there's another variable called 'file path' is somewhat bizarre/weird, perverse even
Not really. I'm requesting if the file name includes path and the tip in file path says: It stores the file path. If not included, the file name is not split.

Quote:
If the current purpose of the File Path column specifier is to specify the File Location I suggest the configuration dialogue be changed accordingly - see attachment.
I disagree in this, sorry. BTW, on my commute this morning I thought a bit and I expected this comment

Quote:
For aesthetic reasons I would also swap the Without Path and With Path radio buttons. Or, better yet replace them with a "Put full file path in File Name column: " check box. IIRC the best practice UI convention is to use check boxes for either/or choices, and radio buttons when there are between three and seven options to choose from. I appreciate why you might not want to do this.
Well, I like your suggestion for this but.. it's not right because, if you fulfill path and name column, the name column doesn't include the file path
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 AM   #79
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind. Fortunately I hadn't gotten around to abandoning my old way of capturing the document source. Capturing the path was a belt to its braces.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-26-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #80
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

As I say, I can change the check but the name or the other concept... I don't agree. And I'm afraid that it was a bug the reason it was working before.
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #81
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Terisa de Morgan, What you regarded as a bug was for me an established, rational behaviour that did what I wanted.

Prior to the bug fix, the configuration shown below was allowed, and it produced a verifiable result - i.e. the full path was put into the column specified in File Path

But since the bug fix, that configuration is still allowed, but it produces no result - i.e. nothing is put into the column specified in File Path.

In my book that's a bug. If the configuration is invalid (because there's no column specified for File Name) then the PI should issue a message when a Book is added and abort the add. If it's not invalid then it should produce a verifiable result - such as putting the file location (path without filename & extension) into the specified column. Anything, except do nothing.

BR
Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 AM   #82
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I totally agree, it's a configuration bug I'll try to correct in a new version (extension and path will be disabled till name is fulfilled).
Old 01-27-2017, 05:06 AM   #83
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I totally agree, it's a configuration bug I'll try to correct in a new version (extension and path will be disabled till name is fulfilled).
I hereby promise to test it when its released

BR
Old 01-30-2017, 12:36 AM   #84
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Added 0.0.10 version => It shows not allowed configurations. It doesn't remove the previously configured columns, that doon't work.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #85
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hi Terisa, the plugin is not working for me.

Directory and Files:

D:\________TEMP\L\ti\Antoninu Rubattu - Dizionario e Grammatica Sardo\
Antoninu Rubattu - Dizionario Universale Della Lingua Di Sardegna A - L.pdf
Antoninu Rubattu - Dizionario Universale Della Lingua Di Sardegna M - Z.pdf
Grammatica Sarda Campidanese.pdf
LEGGI INFO IMPORTANTE.txt

The plugin imports only the third one:

Grammatica Sarda Campidanese

Privately I am sending you a link to zip file with all the books.
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #86
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Hi Giuseppe,

I'm afraid I can do nothing as the problem is in the Grammatica Sarda. If I add the other two books together, I always get the name. If I add the three books, it's a bit of hit and miss. Sometimes all of them get the name, sometimes only two, sometimes only one. But the problem is that the plugin itself is not called, as there are some calibre logs of problems with the Grammatica Sarda that I don't understand but that avoid the plugin.

If you add the two dictionaries together, you'll get the proper data.

Sorry, I can do nothing more, as I don't know the reason of the calibre errors.

Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\xmp.py", line 346, in consolidate_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\xmp.py", line 239, in metadata_from_xmp_packet
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\xmp.py", line 76, in parse_xmp_packet
File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 3032, in lxml.etree.fromstring (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:68121)
File "parser.pxi", line 1786, in lxml.etree._parseMemoryDocument (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:102470)
File "parser.pxi", line 1674, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:101299)
File "parser.pxi", line 1074, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:96481)
File "parser.pxi", line 582, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:91290)
File "parser.pxi", line 683, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:92476)
File "parser.pxi", line 622, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:91772)
XMLSyntaxError: Start tag expected, '<' not found, line 1, column 1
Old 02-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #87
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Hope Kovid will help
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:50 PM   #88
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error reading metadata from the PDF file, I dont see why it should affect a file type plugin. See the read_metadata() function in metadata worker -- the import plugins are run before metadata is read. The only case of not running an import plugin I know of is if the file itself is not added -- for exmaple if it is a duplicate and calibre is set to ignore duplicates.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:39 PM   #89
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I don't know the reason either but the plugin is not being called. I'll try to test a bit more or running from source, for checking it.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #90
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I have to run calibre from source for finding the reason the plugin not being called (the postadd method is not running), I'll tell you if I can find it.

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin