Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2023, 06:31 PM   #1
Séb
Séb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Problem with KFX CLI

Hello

I use Calibre and I think it's a great tool. I never have trouble transforming kindle format (KFX) into PDF except for some ebooks whose the error message is :

calibre, version 6.5.0
ERREUR : KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Le droit des contrats en schémas (Le droit en schémas) (French Edition)</b><br><br>Exception('This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre conversion. For best results use the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion.')</p>

Previously I installed DeDRM and KFX input plugin

Could you help me and tell me what is KFX input plug CLI ? Where can I find it?

Thanks

Séb
Séb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 11:14 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you checked the KFX Input Command Line Interface spoiler in the first message in the KFX Input plugin subforum? Did you consider posting your message in that subforum?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2023, 07:59 AM   #3
Séb
Séb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear David,

Thanks for your answer. If necessary I will ask my question on this subforum.
Honnestly, I have already checked it, I am beginner I don't know how to change/do this command line.
If you know, could you describe me precisely what I have to do in order to change or implement the plugin necessary?

Thanks for your patience

Best regards

Séb
Séb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:02 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The instructions for the KFX Input plugin CLI, along with the documentation of the underlying calibre CLI that they link to, assume a basic understanding of how to open a window to enter commands in your OS as well as concepts like the current working directory and path. You also need to understand how to locate files within the file system of your OS. If you are unfamiliar with these things you will need to do some research before those instructions will be usable for you.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote