Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-30-2014, 01:13 AM   #121
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Does Update books in calibre add series info now? I'm pretty sure I just got a new book added to a series after updating cached OverDrive data. I like it doing that, for the record.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #122
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
what does the plug-in use credentials for. I've run it on 2 libraries, one that I am a member of ( with ID) + one that I hope to join soon ( so no ID).
it worked ok on both.

do some libraries not accept browsing without log-in or is there some other use fro credentials that I've not spotted yet ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #123
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
what does the plug-in use credentials for. I've run it on 2 libraries, one that I am a member of ( with ID) + one that I hope to join soon ( so no ID).
it worked ok on both.

do some libraries not accept browsing without log-in or is there some other use fro credentials that I've not spotted yet ?
From the Usage Details in the first post of this thread:

Optional User Credentials (Overdrive Only)

Overdrive Advantage allows individual lending libraries that are members of a consortium with a shared collection to have additional titles that are only available when their patrons are signed in. The plugin configuration has optional fields for the user's credentials for each lending library: branch ID number, library card number and PIN. Entering this data is not required and will only be useful if your lending library has Overdrive Advantage titles.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #124
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Does Update books in calibre add series info now? I'm pretty sure I just got a new book added to a series after updating cached OverDrive data. I like it doing that, for the record.
Yes. The Update Existing button under Manage discovered books will add any of the following metadata that was found from the lending library, but not present in the matching calibre book: odid, odrid, isbn, publisher, and series with index.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #125
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Yes. The Update Existing button under Manage discovered books will add any of the following metadata that was found from the lending library, but not present in the matching calibre book: odid, odrid, isbn, publisher, and series with index.
Cool. I noticed that OverDrive (and Overdirve Link Helper) is listed in Metadata Sources, but doesn't seem to add series in, even though nothing else is.
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #126
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Cool. I noticed that OverDrive (and Overdirve Link Helper) is listed in Metadata Sources, but doesn't seem to add series in, even though nothing else is.
The Overdrive metadata source plugin is an outdated plugin built into calibre that is unrelated to Overdrive Link. It is intended to obtain book metadata from Overdrive, but I don't think it was ever updated to reflect the Overdrive site redesign.

Overdrive Link Helper provides the clickable links for library books in the book details panel using the odid identifier set by the Overdrive Link plugin. In order to do this the calibre plugin architecture requires it to be a metadata source plugin even though it doesn't provide any actual metadata. Overdrive Link automatically installs Overdrive Link Helper unless the Disable links in book details panel configuration option is selected.

ETA: I will fix the typo in the helper plugin name in the next release.

Last edited by jhowell; 01-30-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #127
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
I have Calibre 1.21 but apparently only 32Bit. I am running Windows 8.0 and strongly trying not to upgrade to 8.1 as I have heard a lot of complaints about it.

I will upgrade to the 64 bit versiion of Calibre just to see what happens with this problem but I am sure that there are a lot of users out there under older os's that can only run the 32bit version. Any idea if there is a way to retain all my settings when I delete the old version and install the 64 bit version?

I can also privately provide you with my credentials for the library where it is failing if that would be helpful in debugging.

a
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #128
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:

I must be missing something. In my installation (Calibre 1.21 with overdrive plugin) I don't see "Manage Discovered Books" anywhere with the the plugin menus or the customize page.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #129
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
I have Calibre 1.21 but apparently only 32Bit. I am running Windows 8.0 and strongly trying not to upgrade to 8.1 as I have heard a lot of complaints about it.

I will upgrade to the 64 bit versiion of Calibre just to see what happens with this problem but I am sure that there are a lot of users out there under older os's that can only run the 32bit version. Any idea if there is a way to retain all my settings when I delete the old version and install the 64 bit version?

I can also privately provide you with my credentials for the library where it is failing if that would be helpful in debugging.

a
Calibre SHARES settings between versions (because there is only ONE config folder)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:00 PM   #130
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:

a
I am now updated to 64bit Calibre. Problem still remains with that one library.

a
Old 01-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #131
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I must be missing something. In my installation (Calibre 1.21 with overdrive plugin) I don't see "Manage Discovered Books" anywhere with the the plugin menus or the customize page.
That menu choice will only appear once you have performed a search for books by selected authors that actually discovers books not already present in your calibre library.

Quote:
I am now updated to 64bit Calibre. Problem still remains with that one library.
Thanks for doing that test. At least it rules out some possible causes.

Quote:
You wrote previously that removing your credentials for that library from the plugin configuration didn't help with the problem. So it doesn't appear that is related.

Could you remove your login credentials for that library again, disable the other library for searching (uncheck it in the configuration), try the search again, and post the complete resulting log? It might help me to come up with another idea.

If that doesn't help I can provide a test version of the plugin with some added logging to try to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to solve this!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #132
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
That menu choice will only appear once you have performed a search for books by selected authors that actually discovers books not already present in your calibre library.

Thanks for doing that test. At least it rules out some possible causes.

You wrote previously that removing your credentials for that library from the plugin configuration didn't help with the problem. So it doesn't appear that is related.

Could you remove your login credentials for that library again, disable the other library for searching (uncheck it in the configuration), try the search again, and post the complete resulting log? It might help me to come up with another idea.

If that doesn't help I can provide a test version of the plugin with some added logging to try to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to solve this!

Done, all credentials removed. Here is complete log:

Starting job: Search lending libraries for 1 book
Open http://digitalmedia.gldl.info/AdvancedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is NOT supported by LC OD AHW
================================================== ================
Search LC OD AHW for heavan by mitch albom
Post http://digitalmedia.gldl.info/BANGSe...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&Publisher=&PerPage=20&Form at=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en&Cr eator=%22mitch+albom%22&CollDate=&Title=%22heavan% 22&AtosBooklevel=&Award=&interestlevel=&contentmat urity=&Lexilelevel=&availabilityoptions=&GradeLeve l=&Subject=
Response: page 1 of 235. 4683 total results
Search LC OD AHW for heavan by mitch albom: Overdrive response error (Excessive number of results returned by search)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 721, in find_library_books
LibraryError: u'Excessive number of results returned by search'

Search LC OD AHW for heavan by mitch albom
Post http://digitalmedia.gldl.info/BANGSe...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&Publisher=&PerPage=20&Form at=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en&Cr eator=%22mitch+albom%22&CollDate=&Title=%22heavan% 22&AtosBooklevel=&Award=&interestlevel=&contentmat urity=&Lexilelevel=&availabilityoptions=&GradeLeve l=&Subject=
Response: page 1 of 235. 4683 total results
Search LC OD AHW for heavan by mitch albom: Overdrive response error (Excessive number of results returned by search)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 721, in find_library_books
LibraryError: u'Excessive number of results returned by search'

---Looking for "The First Phone Call from Heavan" by "Mitch Albom" in results---
Old 01-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #133
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Done, all credentials removed. Here is complete log:
Thanks again. I was able to find the cause of the problem.

You need to change the library host name from digitalmedia.gldl.info to gldl.lib.overdrive.com.

digitalmedia.gldl.info is not the actual Overdrive host. It just redirects there, which causes a problem for the plugin. Sorry, I should have noticed sooner that the library hostname you were using didn't match what I used. I will add some code to the next plugin release to detect this situation.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #134
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks again. I was able to find the cause of the problem.

You need to change the library host name from digitalmedia.gldl.info to gldl.lib.overdrive.com.

digitalmedia.gldl.info is not the actual Overdrive host. It just redirects there, which causes a problem for the plugin. Sorry, I should have noticed sooner that the library hostname you were using didn't match what I used. I will add some code to the next plugin release to detect this situation.
Fantastic! Thank you for your quick response and thank you indeed for all the hard work you must have put in on this excellent plug-in. I look forward to the bells and whistles that will continue to occur to you.

a
Old 01-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #135
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
The Overdrive metadata source plugin is an outdated plugin built into calibre that is unrelated to Overdrive Link. It is intended to obtain book metadata from Overdrive, but I don't think it was ever updated to reflect the Overdrive site redesign.

Overdrive Link Helper provides the clickable links for library books in the book details panel using the odid identifier set by the Overdrive Link plugin. In order to do this the calibre plugin architecture requires it to be a metadata source plugin even though it doesn't provide any actual metadata. Overdrive Link automatically installs Overdrive Link Helper unless the Disable links in book details panel configuration option is selected.

ETA: I will fix the typo in the helper plugin name in the next release.
Hmm, any chance you can fix that in the main branch? Since you already pull that info for your plugin?

Tags
id=model, overdrive