Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kobo Touch, Kindle KB, 4, Touch & 8, most Sonys
Answers, yes and mostly. Since I don't have OEM covers for my Kobos, I carry them in pouches and read on them without a cover. Same with a Sony PRS-505 and PRS-300 – and the Ectaco JetBook (which isn't going to be around much longer).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 05:39 AM   #17
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Yes and yes.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I use a quilted pot holder as a sleeve when I carry my reader in my book bag. I don't have a cover. My kindle keyboard has never had a problem since they first came out.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
Yes and yes. I have covers to protect all of my tablets an ereaders. I find my Voyage to slippery without a cover.
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Franklin,Orig Droid,Kindle KB-3G,Archos 43,Samsung S3,ChromeBk,FIRE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'm mainly wondering why there is no poll at the top of the thread?

\\\\\.
Good question. Maybe this is not a poll?

So, ..., what/how/where to "vote?"
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #21
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The cover on my eReader only comes off when I clean it. The only time the cover failed to protect my eReader was when a car deliberately ran over it.
Apache
There's a story here somewhere....
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #22
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
There's a story here somewhere....
I had set my book on the trunk of my car while I went out to check the mail. Needless to say, I for got that it was there. As I turned out onto the main street I saw it fly off the trunk. I pulled over at the next street and walked back to pick up the book. There were four or five cars coming and the book was on the edge of the road. I was waiting for them to pass before picking it up. One of the cars deliberately swerved and ran over it. Luck for me I had it insured with Square Trade. I sent it to Square Trade and immediately bought another one. A couple of weeks later Square Trade sent me a check to replace the damaged book.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #23
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have several. Some have covers and some don't.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #24
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
One of the cars deliberately swerved and ran over it. Luck for me I had it insured with Square Trade. I sent it to Square Trade and immediately bought another one. A couple of weeks later Square Trade sent me a check to replace the damaged book.
Apache
Nice driver. I hope something equally nice happens to them!
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #25
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I don't have a full time cover fitted to my Kindle Paperwhite as I find it easier to hold.

But I do have a pouch I put in when travelling.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:28 AM   #26
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
I had set my book on the trunk of my car while I went out to check the mail. Needless to say, I for got that it was there. As I turned out onto the main street I saw it fly off the trunk. I pulled over at the next street and walked back to pick up the book. There were four or five cars coming and the book was on the edge of the road. I was waiting for them to pass before picking it up. One of the cars deliberately swerved and ran over it. Luck for me I had it insured with Square Trade. I sent it to Square Trade and immediately bought another one. A couple of weeks later Square Trade sent me a check to replace the damaged book.
Apache
Wow. People suck sometimes. Glad Square Trade came through for you.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #27
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I even use them for an extended warranty on my Refrigerator. Square Trade's Warranty was 2 years longer for half the price.
I guess if someone runs over my refrigerator Square Trade will come through again.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote