samor23
samor23 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
is this plugin still working?
samor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #407
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samor23 View Post
is this plugin still working?
Yes it is. It doesn't work for KFX, but it works just fine otherwise (except for the rare glitchy Kindlebook).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #408
samor23
samor23 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes it is. It doesn't work for KFX, but it works just fine otherwise (except for the rare glitchy Kindlebook).
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
samor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #409
booknut1
booknut1 began at the beginning.

Device: PDF to read on computer
I would like to print out a Kindle ebook that I purchased. Since there is no way to do this on the Kindle app, I remembered that I once used Calibre to convert a Kindle book I purchased to epub so I could read it more easily on my iPad. That was a long time ago and I had to re-install Calibre.

I found KindleUnpack on their list of plugins and installed it. I restarted Calibre (and my computer). But when I try to use the plugin, I see a red lock and the functions of the plugin are greyed out.

I can't find anything on google or on the Calibre help site that explains why a plugin I installed from their own list (and which had a green checkmark on it) now has a red lock on it and is not working. I also deleted the plugin and reinstalled it (then restarted Calibre) to make sure it was installed correctly.

Please help, I want to print out parts of the book because I am making a study guide for a test I'm taking this weekend! Thanks!

Last edited by booknut1; 04-24-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarity
booknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #410
Chicago Charles
Chicago Charles began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut1 View Post
I would like to print out a Kindle ebook that I purchased. Since there is no way to do this on the Kindle app, I remembered that I once used Calibre to convert a Kindle book I purchased to epub so I could read it more easily on my iPad. That was a long time ago and I had to re-install Calibre.

I found KindleUnpack on their list of plugins and installed it. I restarted Calibre (and my computer). But when I try to use the plugin, I see a red lock and the functions of the plugin are greyed out.

I can't find anything on google or on the Calibre help site that explains why a plugin I installed from their own list (and which had a green checkmark on it) now has a red lock on it and is not working. I also deleted the plugin and reinstalled it (then restarted Calibre) to make sure it was installed correctly.

Please help, I want to print out parts of the book because I am making a study guide for a test I'm taking this weekend! Thanks!
I think you have the wrong plugin; you need to remove the DRM protection from your Kindle book(s). Here's detailed instructions on how to do that:

Remove the DRM From Amazon Kindle Books

Note that you'll need to remove any Kindle books from Calibre and add them back after installing the plugin in order to remove the DRM.

Once you've removed the DRM, you can print the Kindle book(s) to .PDF files from within the Calibre reading app, or convert them to a variety of formats, including .EPUB and .PDF.

Hope this helped!
Chicago Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #411
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The red lock only means that the ebook you're trying to work with is protected with DRM. The KindleUnpack plugin can only work with DRM-Free Kindlebooks.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #412
booknut1
booknut1 began at the beginning.

Device: PDF to read on computer
I tried Apprentice Alf's plugin, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with this version of Calibre. The version I am using doesn't appear to allow me to add my own plugins. It only let me choose them from a list.

If there is a way to add my own plugin, I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Update: I figured it out...by opening the readme. I remember how things work. ��Thanks everyone, and good to know about what Kindle Unpack is for. As someone not familiar with all of this, I couldn't really tell from their description.

Last edited by booknut1; 04-24-2018 at 06:09 PM.
booknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #413
Chicago Charles
Chicago Charles began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut1 View Post
I tried Apprentice Alf's plugin, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with this version of Calibre. The version I am using doesn't appear to allow me to add my own plugins. It only let me choose them from a list.

If there is a way to add my own plugin, I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
I don't know what "this version of Calibre" is, but I highly recommend getting the latest version from here.

Older versions are not going to support the multitude of changes that have been made, including the ability to remove DRM.

UPDATE:

Your calibre version number should appear in the lower-left corner of the screen:

To add the plugin, go to Preferences > Advanced > Plugins:

Once there, click on "Load plugin from file":

Note that you don't click on "Get new plugins".

The detailed instructions are at the link I first posted: Remove the DRM From Amazon Kindle Books. If you follow those instructions, and the instructions for the plugin (read the ReadMe files), you should be good to go.

Last edited by Chicago Charles; 04-24-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Add more info
Chicago Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #414
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

New version of the plugin released that should accommodate the upcoming Python3 version of calibre. Also updated the KindleUnpack core files from upstream while I was at it.

Tested working from calibre v0.8.60 to current 4.99.x betas.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-20-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:09 PM   #415
DanielEsp19
DanielEsp19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hi, I want it to use it with Calibre 4.9.1 but the user interface seems to be refreshing and deleting the icon of the plugin, is there any other way to use it ? or can I avoid the refreshing process ?
DanielEsp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:44 AM   #416
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEsp19 View Post
Hi, I want it to use it with Calibre 4.9.1 but the user interface seems to be refreshing and deleting the icon of the plugin, is there any other way to use it ? or can I avoid the refreshing process ?
It is working fine here on my Win 10 machine, with calibre 4.9.1.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #417
DanielEsp19
DanielEsp19 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
It is working fine here on my Win 10 machine, with calibre 4.9.1.
Thanks I just saw that the icon dissapears when my kindle is connected to the lap top, I didn't know
DanielEsp19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #418
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEsp19 View Post
Thanks I just saw that the icon dissapears when my kindle is connected to the lap top, I didn't know
WHEN DEVICE CONNECTED
Icons need to be applied to BOTH modes if to want them to be there.
Preferences: Behavior: Toolbars (a tab) is where you do stuff like this
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #419
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Yes. I can't remember which menus I initially have the plugin installing to, but after that, it's up to the user to configure the rest of the places they want it to appear.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:30 AM   #420
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, @DiapDealer.

Would it be possible for KindleUnpack auto-correct the cover links (NCX and inline TOC) when converting a KF8 to EPUB?

Generally, it comes like this:

Code:
<a href="kindle:embed:0005?mime=image/jpg">Cover</a>
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi