Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Lady L
Lady L began at the beginning.

Device: CybookGen3
Talking Greetings from the Cold

Hi all from Pennsylvania, where we have a winter wonderland today! I love this forum. I've learned so much about my device, and the formats of the books! I've downloaded so many books for my CybookGen3, which I absolutely love! I am currently reading the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, which is fascinating! I planned to take my ereader to the beach in Florida next week, but I'm thinking that I need to bring a cheap paperback instead to play it safe!
Lady L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lady L and welcome to the Forum. I've got a Sony PRS-505 and really like it. For going to the beach, I got an MEdge leisure cover that completely encloses the reader and has a clear plastic front you can read through. Although not waterproof it is fairly water resistant and the reader sits in a padded frame which makes it pretty secure especially for places like the beach. Don't know if there is a similar product for your e-reader although you might check the Cybook forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Lady L
Lady L began at the beginning.

Device: CybookGen3
Cassidym,
Thanks for the warm greetings and good advice. I bought my dad a Sony reader for Christmas and he is really enjoying it! As for me, the leather cover is great that I ordered, but they don't have any type of clear covering for the screen. I could probably rig something up if I wanted to avoid buying paper books (which I have done since I received my CybookGen3, and proud of it.)
Lady L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Here's the link to M Edge. They do carry products for the Cybook although I don't know if they have a Leisure type cover.

http://www.buymedge.com/
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady L View Post
Hi all from Pennsylvania, where we have a winter wonderland today! I love this forum. I've learned so much about my device, and the formats of the books! I've downloaded so many books for my CybookGen3, which I absolutely love! I am currently reading the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, which is fascinating! I planned to take my ereader to the beach in Florida next week, but I'm thinking that I need to bring a cheap paperback instead to play it safe!
Enjoy the Site. and Welcome. I read the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin years ago. What a lazy man!!!! har har.. but he did Stop his vegetarianism and became and omnivore and heavy drinker in his later years.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hiya! I'm originally a Pennsylvanian. I still go home for family Christmasses!

You can probably water protect your gadget the real cheap way, with a large size ziploc-type bag!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote