Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #646
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
What is the Biggest SD card that the Clara can handle? Max Speed on the card?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #647
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
What is the Biggest SD card that the Clara can handle? Max Speed on the card?
On 7/3, Semwize claimed it supports 256 GB. I suspect it will support UHS-1 or UHS-3. I don't have one, but I've got a birthday coming up and a spare 128GB SD card...
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #648
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
On 7/3, Semwize claimed it supports 256 GB. I suspect it will support UHS-1 or UHS-3. I don't have one, but I've got a birthday coming up and a spare 128GB SD card...
I doubt the Clara HD will run at those speeds but that's just a designation of what sequential read/write speed the SD cards are capable of anyway. Still, should work on the Clara HD.

I recommend Samsung. Those cards tend to have decent random 4K read/write speeds. That's usually important when running firmware. No need for PRO, EVO should suffice.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #649
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I too have a extra 128gig SDCard

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128GB...ory+card&psc=1

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-18-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:49 AM   #650
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Oh, I hope you got that a while ago. I picked up this SandDisk 128GB card recently for about $29 including tax, and it appears to be a faster card. There are some Samsung 128GB cards with UHS-3 interface for only a few dollars more, but the Clara HD probably doesn't support any of them at the full speed.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:45 AM   #651
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I got it 3 years ago. I had it in my Fire 10 5th gen & then tried to use it in my 7th gen...problem is its too small for ALL the Movies I owned even DL in SD format ... got a 256 gig for $10 works Great! All Movies are Loaded & I have room for more Just added the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom!!! Now that I DL in HDX format

Decided to just order a 32 gig from Amazon Should be here Friday... along with the Clara I ordered from Walmart

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-18-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:25 PM   #652
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by therourke View Post
Did anyone figure out what the tiny hole in the power button is for? I stuck a pin in their, thinking it might pop out and show an SD card reader, or something. But nothing happens. It didn't rest either, which is the only other reason I can think there might be a hole there.

WHAT'S WITH THAT HOLE!!!!>!?!??!?!>>!>!??
Light lets you know when it Charging & when Battery is Full.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #653
hamers
Enthusiast
hamers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (6", 4GB)
Are there clear instructions on how to add a MicroSD to the Clara anywhere? A video preferably or just some pix? Thanks all.
hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #654
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamers View Post
Are there clear instructions on how to add a MicroSD to the Clara anywhere? A video preferably or just some pix? Thanks all.
Do you mean change the current micro SD card? If so, it is simply a matter opening the device, taking the card out and imaging it card to a new card and putting it back. There are instruction for the Glo in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. For the other devices, the only difference is how to open it. I don't remember any comments on how to open it, but it looks like it should be the same as the Glo.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:06 AM   #655
copyer
copyer began at the beginning.

Device: clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you mean change the current micro SD card? If so, it is simply a matter opening the device, taking the card out and imaging it card to a new card and putting it back. There are instruction for the Glo in Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. For the other devices, the only difference is how to open it. I don't remember any comments on how to open it, but it looks like it should be the same as the Glo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqVLnosNTI

time stamp 11.33
greetz
copyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:33 AM   #656
hamers
Enthusiast
hamers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (6", 4GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyer View Post

Cheers that helped.
hamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:56 AM   #657
rbyl
rbyl began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Overdrive support

I’m considering getting Kobo Clara HD for its Overdrive support.
*Currently using Kobo Glo HD.

Does anyone know if the Overdrive in the ereader supports library in Malaysia/Singapore?
I’m using Libby app by Overdrive on my Ipad (with two different libraries) and it works extremely well.
rbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:05 AM   #658
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyl View Post
I’m considering getting Kobo Clara HD for its Overdrive support.

*Currently using Kobo Glo HD.

Does anyone know if the Overdrive in the ereader supports library in Malaysia/Singapore?

I’m using Libby app by Overdrive on my Ipad (with two different libraries) and it works extremely well.

As far as I understand it, if you have a working OverDrive account, it will work in the current Kobo devices. The Kobo firmware account settings page just lets you enter your OverDrive account details, and then the option to borrow books is enabled.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #659
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
As far as I understand it, if you have a working OverDrive account, it will work in the current Kobo devices. The Kobo firmware account settings page just lets you enter your OverDrive account details, and then the option to borrow books is enabled.
I don't think so. I think three working USA Overdrive accounts, but as my Kobo account is set to Spain, I have no available Overdrive option. At Kobo page, the countries they mention are: Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #660
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I don't think so. I think three working USA Overdrive accounts, but as my Kobo account is set to Spain, I have no available Overdrive option. At Kobo page, the countries they mention are: Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand
[s]Hmmm that seems.... unfair? Why limit OverDrive use based on Kobo account country settings; if a user has a working OverDrive account, why not allow them to use it independent of what country they choose to buy books from...[/s]

Wait, it actually makes sense. Kobo has to be able to integrate the OverDrive book borrowing in their store, which has country-dependent content...

Still though, you could change your Kobo account country by changing your address to (the) one in a country with OverDrive support (and making sure your credit card details aren't remembered).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote