Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syana344 View Post
This I had some time to check: 2.84GB (with all 53000 books on the Glo HD)
WOW! That would basically fill the standard storage of the Glo HD.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syana344 View Post
Dear David

Last but not least...

Now it happened...
Device is the Clara HD, Version of calibre is 3.32 (64bits), FW is 4.10.11655 patched version.

So... what I did:
Batch 1 : 9000 books, took 4h48min., Reconnection time (for synch) 1m44s
Batch 2 : 1000 books, took 37min, Reconnection time (for synch) 1m35s
Batch 3 : 5000 books, took 2h58min, Reconnection time (for synch) 2m26s
Batch 4: 6000 books, took 3h24min, Reconnection time (for synch) 3m37s
Batch 5: 6000 books – error after 1h59min, not same error code
I don't think you mentioned before that you were using the KoboExtendedDriver. That explains the time taken to send the books. Each is being modified to be a kepub during the send. I've been doing some experimenting and calibre is sending 1175 books using the KoboTouch driver in a little over 10 minutes. The device imported these in about 15 minutes.
Quote:
This time I have following:
Code:
calibre, version 3.32.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 591, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 396, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2021, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 200, in _modify_epub
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1143, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 231, in extractall
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 218, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
That error is from the extended driver trying to modify a book. Apparently it isn't a valid zipfile and cannot be unpacked. There is an option to ignore errors like this and send the book as an epub. But, that would cause a problem on the device.
Quote:
Big temp file created in the AppData/Local/temp folder => calibre_ta0k3r with 39.1 GB

Kobo did not start the import of the books => I tried to switch off, switch on again without result. I tried to repair the account without result, I tried to import just “one book” (sometimes it’s enough to relaunch the import process), but did not work. I tried to force a start up of the device, but this did not work. It's writen in the user manual that it should happen when you switch off your reader and release the power button and press it again for about 30 seconds, but nothing happened. The reader just restarted "normally" withtout starting the import of anything. At the end, I tried to re-import the same 6000 books. Import again stucked with the error code.

Code:
calibre, version 3.32.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

Not a ZIP file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 591, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 396, in upload_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2021, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 200, in _modify_epub
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1143, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 231, in extractall
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 218, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
The reader is now on the home page, fully charged and shows 20999 imported items (which makes me think that I hit a limit at 21000). I think I'm able to reconnect it (I did not try, but the last time it worked).

I have the debug log file done, and will send it to you per PM. I did not empty the temp folder - which I will definitely have to do, but not yet.

So... that's it from my side. I can restart a trial with the Glo HD for which I have a 4.8.11073 patched version, but I'm quite sure we'll end up with the same result (at least the last 2-3 times I tried, it behaved the same).
20999 is a weird number to stop on. Using kepubs could be dropping the maximum books the device can see as they use more space in the database. But, I have been discussing this elsewhere and that person is using an account with 60K purchased books in it. I could see issue during the import if you tried to do them all in one go.

For sideloading, if there is a problem with a book, then it can block the rest from being imported. If you are seeing the import screen after ejecting without adding a book, then this is probably what is happening. Unfortunately, there isn't any indication of which book causes this. You have to use trial and error to find it.

If there is an error happening, there could be stack log in the .kobo directory. This will have the name stack_0n.log where the n is a digit. This can give a clue as to the problem, but is usually more use

I'm curious about what is going on, so I'm doing some tests. Unfortunately, the biggest spare card I have is 16GB. I'll see how far I get with that, but I might get a bigger card on the weekend. I'm just adding the same 1145 books multiple times. I know they load OK, so they should work for this.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote