Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
last name first when adding

going a bit crazy here. laptop crashed and used to have it so that Calibre added my books as last name, first name, which I prefer. since setting it up on my new machine, nothing I do will add them that way.

please help. thank you.

fwiw, I've searched multiple times, multiple days, and more than a hour now, and all I find is answers about the file names, not I want, or about settings from 2010 that don't exist now.

Last edited by pghaworth; 06-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Have you tried:
preferences, under import/export ->add book
There is an option to invert first name and last name when extracting from the filename.

I'm not sure this is what you want thought.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You can set your desired author format in customization for Quality Fixes for Author Scrubbing in the Job Spy plugin. Read the Tooltips.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@pghaworth - you might want to consider backing up your preferences, plugin settings etc, see How do I backup calibre?

Because the library export feature includes the configuration folder some people prefer to use that for backup.

My daily backup job includes my calibre libraries and configuration folder along with all my other data - like tax receipts, photos, image editor settings etc. I use an incremental backup process: so, a) it's quick, and b) it means I can restore individual files, such as a specific plugin's configuration settings or a individual format file.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
Have you tried:
preferences, under import/export ->add book
There is an option to invert first name and last name when extracting from the filename.

I'm not sure this is what you want thought.
I tried this and it didn't work, which what I had set before. no longer working for me. thank you.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #6
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
You can set your desired author format in customization for Quality Fixes for Author Scrubbing in the Job Spy plugin. Read the Tooltips.
thank you. I'll give that a try since nothing else works. never had to use job spy before...
Old 06-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #7
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@pghaworth - you might want to consider backing up your preferences, plugin settings etc, see How do I backup calibre?

Because the library export feature includes the configuration folder some people prefer to use that for backup.

My daily backup job includes my calibre libraries and configuration folder along with all my other data - like tax receipts, photos, image editor settings etc. I use an incremental backup process: so, a) it's quick, and b) it means I can restore individual files, such as a specific plugin's configuration settings or a individual format file.

BR
thank you. great idea, but my health is to a point that I'm lucky if I get a chance to eat, let alone worry about doing things like that. I don't use Calibre frequently, but when I do I at least want the setup to work properly and it's not now. unclear if it's a windoze 10 pitb thing or what, but the settings don't work the way they should anymore. sigh.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #8
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
just took a look at this and way too much to dig through to figure it out.

guess I'm stuck with books the wrong way in now. my whole library is LN, FN except since Jan 11 of this year. what a cf.