Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #106
tap82
Reader
tap82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Thank you for the great list of extensions. I did a jailbreak on my PW1, and it works fine! However I can't get rid of the "Personal" tag on each and every book cover I have. I usually email my books to amazon to get them sync to my device. This would keep them in Personal documents, and sync page read on all my devices. The only drawback is that they get a label "Personal" on the book cover. This is driving me crazy. Looks so lame.

http://postimg.org/image/eb3v0ku7f/

Anyway I could get rid of it? Should be possible as it's jailbroken.
Any help would be appreciated!
tap82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #107
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tap82: That has nothing to do with hacks, and everything to do with how you sideload your books.

TL;DR (because it's been covered to death already): Calibre does the right thing by default.

Amazon's email delivery service is tied to the personal document service/cloud, which, obviously, delivers personal documents ;p.

And before you ask, no, tricking the framework into believing personal documents are really books is out of the question. (JBPatch used to be able to workaround some aspects of that, but never entirely, and that was seventy billion firmware versions ago).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #108
tap82
Reader
tap82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And before you ask, no, tricking the framework into believing personal documents are really books is out of the question. (JBPatch used to be able to workaround some aspects of that, but never entirely, and that was seventy billion firmware versions ago).
Yep. That would have been my real question. Thank you for answering it.
I'm aware why the book looks like a personal Document [PDOC] and how amazon converts it to be like that during the delivery. I was just curious if there is a way to make the framework ignore [PDOC] tag and don't display them as Personal. But that's fine, I can live with that.

Thanks!
tap82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Incoming in the next snapshots: zsh & nano in USBNetwork; AKA: make that shit useful!

(Also, Python & SQLite's CLI are now also actually usable, thanks to readline. That, and more crap I forgot about, like stack-tracing in strace, which is fun as hell).

EDIT: Released.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_zsh.png
Views:	630
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	135179   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_nano.png
Views:	583
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	135180  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-23-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #110
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
New MKK - KT2 screen resolution 608x800 ?..
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kaznelson: For eips's purposes, yes (same build as on most other newish FW 5.x devices, eips for some strange reason appears to rely on the virtual xres, cf. eips -i or fbgrab -v).

Note that given the size of a character block, and the size of the screen, that only squeezes in one single extra column, and one that'll be cut-off by the right edge of the screen at that (something that might be more noticeable than on other devices, because of the much bigger blocks for such a small screen than on previous 600x800 devices, which used much smaller eips blocks).

I don't care enough about this to make sure every single eips print in my scripts fits into 37 columns, so some messages will most definitely get cut-off on this device. But at least now they're actually shown, instead of trying to print them way off-screen .
One solution would be to refactor the whole thing to split things over multiple lines when a string exceeds the column length, but, again, meh. .

For everyone else, the actual usable screen estate is of course 600x800.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:05 PM   #112
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Meh, scratched an itch.

Will test & implement more widely when I have some more time.

EDIT: And also fix it so it properly clears previous multiline prints.

EDIT²: whoof.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-05-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #113
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Updated everything with initial (shaky) support for the new PW3.

Here be dragons.

Keep this post in mind in case of trouble.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And another round of updates, this time with real, proper and definitive support for the PW3 .
Old 08-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #115
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I just pushed another set of packages, with a number of rather critical regression fixes for MRPI (basically, it was utterly broken on legacy devices).
Old 08-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #116
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And another set of updates!

Made most large-ish packages smaller & faster to install by switching from bzip2 to xz. (The 50KB cost of bundling xzdec is vastly offset by the size & speed gains [for instance, python decompresses twice as fast as before -_-"]).

(On a sidenote, that puts USBNet & Python right back under MR's 20MB limit, which means I can finally push a freaking update of the release versions. Soon(TM).).

EDIT: Done! Hopefully I haven't broken anything this time ;p.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-18-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #117
NiLuJe
BLAM!

USBNet now bundles ag (the silver searcher), because ag is awesome (that, and I was tired of unpacking logs just to grep them ^^).
Old 09-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I finally made message #2 useful by linking to my fresh new set of KOReader binaries .

That includes legacy Kindles, cf. #1623 for more info .
Old 09-13-2015, 02:51 AM   #119
ptbsare
ptbsare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi, NiLuJe, I can confirm that the BatteryStatus extension no longer works on Kindle PaperWhite 2 with the 5.6.5 firmware. I don't know how to fix that.
ptbsare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #120
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ptbsare: Thanks. I don't think if a fix was found for the issue in the other thread, and I'm not running FW 5.6.5 on my PW2, so I can't tell you much more, sorry ;/.

Just that, apparently, this is a known issue, so you're not doing anything wrong.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-13-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje