Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 04:53 AM   #136
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@geaorgemk: Not sure I understand. I did the following steps:

1) Click the "Show indexing status button"
2) Click the Re-index button
3) Click "No" in the are you sure warning popup
4) Nothing changes, as expected
Old 07-11-2022, 05:15 AM   #137
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I get this error with calibre 6.0.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.4:

Code:
Failed to import PyQt module: PyQt6.QtWidgets with error: libEGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 41, in main
  File "calibre/debug.py", line 295, in main
  File "calibre/debug.py", line 200, in run_script
  File "polyglot/builtins.py", line 110, in exec_path
  File "/home/runner/work/WordDumb/WordDumb/tests/test.py", line 11, in <module>
    from calibre_plugins.worddumb.config import prefs
  File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 203, in exec_module
  File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.config", line 8, in <module>
  File "bypy-importer.py", line 279, in exec_module
  File "calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'QApplication' from 'qt.core' (/opt/calibre/lib/calibre-extensions/python-lib.bypy.frozen/qt/core.pyc)
GitHub Actions log: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ru...true#step:17:1

This command works fine on calibre 5, I'm not sure how to fix this...
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 05:16 AM   #138
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to install libEGL.so.1
Old 07-11-2022, 05:47 AM   #139
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@geaorgemk: Not sure I understand. I did the following steps:

1) Click the "Show indexing status button"
2) Click the Re-index button
3) Click "No" in the are you sure warning popup
4) Nothing changes, as expected
I didn't do those exact actions. I did:-

1) Click "FT" on search bar
2) Click "Show indexing status button" which showed 7070 out of 7075 books indexed
3) Click "Index books in this library to allow searching their full text" to clear the checkbox
4) Click "No" in the "are you sure warning" popup
5) "Index books in this library to allow searching their full text" tick box cleared and index count set to zero

Did action 3 and 4 again after starting a re-index which still cleared the checkbox but the re-index carried on work.

Last edited by georgemk; 07-11-2022 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Add follow up
Old 07-11-2022, 05:57 AM   #140
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The user template functions is not working for me no matter what I do. I can create one, see it in the database, but, when I restart calibre it does not appear. This happens whether I run from source, or use the installed beta. And, it doesn't matter how I create the library. I have tried creating a new library copying my existing structure and creating a new library with the default configuration.
I created a new thread for this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347818
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 06:21 AM   #141
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@georgemk: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...2d571a3fb7f73b
Old 07-11-2022, 06:31 AM   #142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a new thread created to report issues with Calibre 6 (release version). Please use it instead of this thread as this thread is for the beta versions.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347815
Old 07-11-2022, 06:49 AM   #143
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you
Old 07-11-2022, 07:36 AM   #144
ger123
ger123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 11
First of all thank you for your work, it is very useful.
I have a question, why in macos the minimum version is 10.15?
I see on the Qt page that Qt6.2 supports macOS 10.14.

https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-6.2/macos.html

Thanks
Old 07-11-2022, 07:39 AM   #145
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Because for reasons i dont have the time/patience to figure out it doesnt work on mojave, as reported by somebody who tried it out. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1981182
Old 07-13-2022, 05:46 PM   #146
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Indexing full text search on a FAT32 file system

First: What a wonderfull function! Thank you very much Kovid!
Problem (?) with indexing:
I started the indexing in fast mode (win10), but after a view hours the process got slower and slower. After one night the remaining time increased to 31 DAYs.
After some testing I found the reason: My library is stored on a "Veracrypt" Volume, and this is formated with FAT32 by default. When the file full-text-search.db reached the size limit of 4 GB, my pc just tried to write more data, but failed without an error message.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:54 PM   #147
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not sure what I can do about that. There's no way to split sqlite indexes up into multiple files.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:03 PM   #148
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is there any way for Calibre to detect a filesystem? Perhaps if it detects FAT32 it could give a warning when approaching the 4GB limit.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:12 PM   #149
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There probably are platform specific apis to do that, but it would need to be done per OS and then calibre would have to poll the size of the db file on every operation to check. Not worth the overhead IMO
Old 07-13-2022, 10:23 PM   #150
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
In that case, perhaps just a warning somewhere in the UI could work.
Closed Thread