Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #2161
Acataloger
Retired library cataloger
Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Acataloger has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: PRS-T2 ; Kindle Paperwhite Manga; Fire HD 10; Huawei Honor 8
I was distracted from the mission when I found the complete KJV Audio Bible, narrated by Edward Herrmann, Scott Brick, and many others for just under $20.00. I used a credit for it, which probably doesn't count towards the $5.00. Thanks to KyBunnies, CatLady and everyone who provided inexpensive options. I settled on Edward Herrmann reading The Bulgarian Poetess by John Updike, so I should get the $5.00. I'll use it for one of Alan Cumming's readings : Macbeth the novel, Macbeth the drama, or The Poetry of Scotland.
Acataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #2162
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day -- Penguin Random House -- exp 20 Nov @ 11:59 AM ET
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #2163
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
You're one of those?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The best thing about finally having a car that only I drive is not having to hear the station that starts playing the same lame Christmas music sometime around Halloween every time I start the car. Strangely, I do enjoy hearing the religious seasonal works that are played on the classical station around this time of year, but I could live the rest of my life without another hearing of Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer or those damn Chipmunks. And what kind of dork thinks a drum solo is a fitting gift for a newborn?
Yep, Grandma/Reindeer really sucks. I have a visceral hatred for that song.

...what you said about the Chipmunks - blasphemy!!!

Maybe you'd like a couple of parodies with an ending you'd approve of?

Spoiler:

Old 11-19-2017, 11:02 PM   #2164
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Alexa -- Free Rental -- exp 30 Nov

Note: streaming only -- just ask: "Alexa, what's free from Audible?"

FREE -- Little Women -- Louisa May Alcott/ Barbara Caruso --> 19.7 hrs --> classic
Quote:
Editorial Reviews

Barbara Caruso's rendering is wonderful. She skillfully combines the voices of a fairly large cast. Just as splendidly, she presents the text in an old-fashioned style, tone and pronunciation befitting the setting of the story. The four sisters, though each unique, must be a challenge even for several voices, but Caruso's solo voice always enthralls. The performance is worthwhile no matter what previous experience with Little Women the listener has.

Publisher's Summary

Most people know this book from the Academy Award-winning motion picture starring Winona Ryder. Now, introduce them to the sparkling American classic behind the movie: a charming portrait of the joys and hardships of the four sisters in Civil War New England. Separated by the war from their beloved parents, these "little women" struggle to find their place in the world.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-01-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #2165
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Most people know this book from the Academy Award-winning motion picture starring Winona Ryder.
Eeek! How about the Katharine Hepburn version? How about the June Allyson version? Oh, I feel very old ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 02:34 AM   #2166
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Nov
  • £1.99 -- Blackout (book 10) -- Mark Dawson --> thriller
Old 11-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #2167
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible -- 20 Years of Listeners -- exp 20 Nov

Daily Listener Perks --> details
Quote:
MEMBERS ONLY: 30% OFF BRAND-NEW AUDIBLE T-SHIRTS!

SHOP NOW AT AMAZON

Audible members only | US only | While supplies last

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2017 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #2168
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 20 Nov
Old 11-20-2017, 03:25 AM   #2169
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Penguin Random House -- exp 20 Nov @ 11:59 AM ET
Old 11-20-2017, 05:56 AM   #2170
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Did any one get the $5 from purchasing a book at Audible on Sunday?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #2171
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No, when are they supposed to apply the $5?

ETA

Quote:
Your coupon for $5 will be dropped into your account no later than November 21, 2017. The coupon will expire on January 28, 2018.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-20-2017 at 08:51 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #2172
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 20 Nov
Old 11-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #2173
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No, when are they supposed to apply the $5?

ETA

Thanks for the info. If I do not see the $5 in my account by tomorrow evening I will talk with Audible.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #2174
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Did any one get the $5 from purchasing a book at Audible on Sunday?
The only offers I took advantage of were the free books.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:56 AM   #2175
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Nov