Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Vic Chorney
The Computer Guy
Vic Chorney began at the beginning.

Device: Palm
Hi to all

I've been collecting eBooks for years and never realized there was a forum until I came across this while looking for a soon-to-be-published book. My device of choice is a Palm (since I need it for it's other capabilities) and will shortly be using a netbook.

I have my collection organized by genre and author and am working on a database to better organise everything -- including my hardcopy stuff.

If anyone need something or is looking for PC tech support, I'll be glad to help.

Vic
Vic Chorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Vic and welcome to MobileRead. I used to read on an iPaq till I discovered eInk and haven't gone back to the iPaq since.

Also, I developed an eBook database to track books I've read, bought but not read and my wise list. I posted a blank it as a freebie to anybody who wants to download it for their own books here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=database
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Welcome to MR.

If you like to keep the books you have read organized, take a look at the goodreads.com. Some of the members here organize their library using that site and you can find reading recommendations and compare your library against others.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Chorney View Post
I've been collecting eBooks for years and never realized there was a forum until I came across this while looking for a soon-to-be-published book. My device of choice is a Palm (since I need it for it's other capabilities) and will shortly be using a netbook.

I have my collection organized by genre and author and am working on a database to better organise everything -- including my hardcopy stuff.

If anyone need something or is looking for PC tech support, I'll be glad to help.

Vic
Welcome to MobileRead, vic. You'll enjoy your stay, I"m sure.

You mention soon reading on a netbook. Do you have one already, or will you be purchasing one? If so, which one do you have, or will you be looking at? We have a poll going one right now you might find interesting.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=47632&page=6

Would appreciate your imput!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! We can always use people who know what they're doing on here (mostly to answer questions from people like me!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #6
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Welcome tothe forum - whatever your ereader device, choice in options or reading material you will find helpful info here.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote