Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #1
$ppp
$ppp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Error when trying to start Kual

When trying to start Kual, I get this error message: "The title failed to close properly" (see screenshot). Kual used to work fine until I had a problem with my USB connection which also for some reason reset my system clock to 1 Jan 1970 0:00 (I managed to set that back to the current time and date using the shell commands date and hwclock -w). I removed and reinstalled Kual but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screenshot.bmp (482.9 KB, 121 views)
$ppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:11 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The broken date would have prevented it to start in the first place, for sure. (Prefer Amazon's setdate (or settime, can never remember. It takes an epoch) script to doing stuff by hand, or the UI doesn't necessarily get the memo).

Obvious question is obvious: what happens if you restart the device?

Less obvious question: is it one of those DX hacked to run FW 3.x?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #3
$ppp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Obvious question is obvious: what happens if you restart the device?
Nothing (other than, well, the device restarting, but the problem persists).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Less obvious question: is it one of those DX hacked to run FW 3.x?
Nope, it still runs 2.5.8. Also, I should add that other kindlets as well as launchpad still run fine.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:07 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Check the syslog for slightly less useless details than the popup offers?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
$ppp

Looks like nothing in the syslog about it...
Advert