Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
3G won't turn on.

Sorry if this same problem has been posted before, the search function doesn't allow a search for: "3G".

Kindle Touch 3G; 3G does not turn on.
WiFi and everything else works. (Yes, I tried 'forgetting' the wifi network)

Serial starts with B00F and I am in a 3G coverage area.

Debricked,
Spoiler:

Debricked with these files:
diags_kernel-5.0.0
5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
kt_5.1.2-kernel-main.img
kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb+ssh.img

;311 never stops scanning, finds nothing.
restart/factory reset didn't help.
Registered it again.
Chatted with support, he said it wasn't blocked on their end.

Don't really know what else I can try. Open to suggestions from the kind folk here, who know more than me about these things.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I have the same problem with a K5 demo. The debricking images came from a K5 wifi. As mentioned in a previous post (somewhere), we need a K5 3G image (or at least any "3g" files missing from the wifi image).

I requested that somebody PM me a link to a K5 3G image. I have not yet received one. I want to compare against the K5 wifi to see what is different. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
I have a K5 3G (UK) if I can create those images for you geekmaster then please pm me what I need to do and I'll happily sort it for you.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
I have a K5 3G (UK) if I can create those images for you geekmaster then please pm me what I need to do and I'll happily sort it for you.
You need SSH. If you have installed SSH into diags, you can boot diags and start SSH (menu N-U-Z-X), then do:
Code:

dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K|gzip >/mnt/us/mmblk0p1.img.gz
dd if=/dev/mmblk0 bs=4K count=8K|gzip >/mnt/us/mmcblk0.img.gz
I did those from memory, but they should work. Send me a link to them. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
dd if=/dev/mmblk0 bs=4K count=8K|gzip >/mnt/us/mmcblk0.img.gz
It's the whole ~4GB of eMMC dumping to userstore partition, which is part of eMMC by itself. Dumping with placing the dump into the dumped content...
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
It's the whole ~4GB of eMMC dumping to userstore partition, which is part of eMMC by itself. Dumping with placing the dump into the dumped content...
Are you sure? Did you fail to notice the "count=8K" in my dd command? That limits the dump to 8192 blocks of 4096 bytes (the first 32MB of the mmc), which includes the kernels and such. From that I can extract kernels and u-boot images...

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
1) Notice the "count= " option in the command.
2) Notice it is reading a device and writing to a file (backed by storage much further into the device). I.E: No overlap, no chance of the command reading what it had just written.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't got my Touch with me at work but I'll try to get that done for you either tonight or tomorrow. Any preffered location for me to put it? Rapidshare?putlocker?
How do I check if I've installed the necessary things and how do I type that on the device? Sorry, not done this before.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@geekmaster, @knc1, you're right. I'm now ashamed of my lacking of attentiveness. Thanks for polite correction.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
I haven't got my Touch with me at work but I'll try to get that done for you either tonight or tomorrow. Any preffered location for me to put it? Rapidshare?putlocker?
How do I check if I've installed the necessary things and how do I type that on the device? Sorry, not done this before.
Storage location not important. I use mediashare or ge.tt for my files...
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #11
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Ok, will upload to one of those.
How do I check I have what is needed and how do I send the commands to the kindle?

Sorry very tired and feeling like I need my hand held if I do anything technical I'm not sure about.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have the same problem with a K5 demo. The debricking images came from a K5 wifi. As mentioned in a previous post (somewhere), we need a K5 3G image (or at least any "3g" files missing from the wifi image).

I requested that somebody PM me a link to a K5 3G image. I have not yet received one. I want to compare against the K5 wifi to see what is different. Thanks.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=30
With that image, 3G works fine. You can then update manually to 5.1...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=30
With that image, 3G works fine. You can then update manually to 5.1...
Hmm... I debricked with ixtab's kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb+ssh.img.gz and 3G is not working on my "B00F*" serial number K5 (3G). Even ";311" does not see any carriers. Others have reported this problem too.

I will try ixtab's 5.0.0 and see if that works better. Perhaps the problem is with idme vars...

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
You need a "pure" 5.0.0 image without frills, 3G will work I was one of the others reporting the problem, I solved it like that. I'm sorry that my post wasn't clear enough.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
You need a "pure" 5.0.0 image without frills, 3G will work I was one of the others reporting the problem, I solved it like that. I'm sorry that my post wasn't clear enough.
Even though 3G was broken with ixtab's 5.1.2 images with preinstalled "frills", his "factory" 5.0.0 images fixed my 3G. I was still registered with amazon after downgrading firmware.

And with no installed hacks, I pulled up the Google website using 3G (via the "normal" social networking loophole). I was tempted to do a screenshot, but no need to "overpublicize" this loophole, or they might close it. It should only be used for emergency access anyway...

Now we just need to upgrade to 5.1.2, and install the same hacks as ixtab's 5.1.2, then compare images to see what is different between broken 3G and working 3G.

@giorgio130: Thanks for the pointer! I just noticed that you had less than 2600 karma. I just multiplied your karma by 12, so that situation has been rectified.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-05-2012 at 05:17 PM.