Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 05:10 AM   #16
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I get "Cannot import PIL library" and it just keeps doing whatever it is doing, have to cancel to make it quit.

I assume it's because the "Use Bundled Python" is not checked?

However, that box is not possible to check. It's grayed out. (I searched the forum but didn't find anything about this, but then I usually don't have great luck with searches here.)

All other plugins I have work fine as far as I know.

Running linux. Using /usr/bin/python3.4
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:18 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I get "Cannot import PIL library" and it just keeps doing whatever it is doing, have to cancel to make it quit.
You'll need to install the Pillow package.

Search for python3-pil in your package manager. If it isn't listed, enter the following command in a terminal window:

Code:
sudo pip3 install Pillow
If your distro doesn't com with pip3 try pip.

Last edited by Doitsu; 02-17-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 AM   #18
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the suggestion Doitsu.

I do have the python3-pil installed. Maybe the fact that I'm not using the bundled version causes the plugin to not find it?

Edit:

I believe the problem is around my Python installation. I seem to have both 2.7 and 3.4 installed and even though Pillow is installed it would seem it's only available to the 2.7 installation. If I remember correctly it's 2.7 that came along my distribution and I had to install 3.4 manually to get Sigil to compile. Since everything has been working fine I haven't thought about this (don't know Python). Guess I will have to sort this out now.

Thanks again.

Last edited by patrik; 02-17-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 AM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Doitsu.

I do have the python3-pil installed. Maybe the fact that I'm not using the bundled version causes the plugin to not find it?
IIRC, Pillow requires a couple of additional libjpeg image libraries that you might be missing.

Search for libjpeg in your package manager and install all packages that start with libjpeg or libjpeg8. For example:

Code:
libjpeg-dev:amd64
libjpeg-progs
libjpeg-turbo-progs
libjpeg-turbo8:amd64
libjpeg-turbo8:i386
libjpeg-turbo8-dev:amd64
libjpeg8:amd64
libjpeg8:i386
libjpeg8-dev:amd64
This should do the trick.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #20
patrik
Guru

Ah, you're brilliant! Installing python3-pil.imagetk did the trick.

Plugin works fine now.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Glad you got it working. For future reference, there IS no bundled version of Python distributed with Sigil on Linux (like there is with the Windows and Mac versions). That's why the checkbox is purposely disabled/greyed out. The Sigil build instructions list the extra Python3 modules a user should install to have a fully functioning Sigil plugin framework (identical to the Win/OSX versions of Sigil).

Quote:
That's all the Python 3.4 stuff you will need to get Sigil "up and running", but if you want to make use of Sigil plugins that people are developing, you will also want to install the "standard" modules that ship with the binary version of Sigil on Windows and OS X. These can all be installed from python.org's Python Package Index using pip3 from the command-line. The entire current list (which I highly recommend installing) is:

six (already installed if you installed python3-six with apt-get)
lxml (already installed if you installed python3-lxml with apt-get)
html5lib
regex
Pillow
cssselect
cssutils
chardet
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:31 PM   #22
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Well first thank you for this great plugin, but...
I have latest Sigil, with internal Python Package enabled.
All my other plugin work, excepting most of the time this one. No error message, its starts as expected, showing up the images available, and then it just does nothing...
When i interrupt the procedure i get the message " Error parsing XML: Start tag expected"
Any idea what going wrong?

Thanks for helping.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:59 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Are you on a Mac? If so there is a plugin window hidden by Sigil. Look for a rocket ship icon in the Finder panel and click on it to bring the plugin window to the front.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #24
Thomas_AR
Zealot

I am on windows 7.
Sorry for not having mentioned that before.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #25
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
BUg fix

@Thomas_AR: Please download the latest version (0.1.3.0) that has been uploaded to the first post in this thread. This includes a bug fix and some new features.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #26
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
@Thomas_AR: Please download the latest version (0.1.3.0) that has been uploaded to the first post in this thread. This includes a bug fix and some new features.
That seams to do the trick. Made some tests and working well so far.
Thank you very much
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #27
Thomas_AR
Zealot

May i make two suggestions:
1. Check once a day for a new plugin. When adding a lot of Images ..it takes a while because of the update checking.
2. When the image is inserted , clicking on Close, only the image selection windows closes, but not the Plugin-Runner GUI. perhaps both can close?
Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 PM   #28
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

I will address the suggestions made by Thomas_AR when I update the plugin - this may not be for a while...
Old 05-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #29
CalibUser
Addict

I have updated the plugin in the first thread in this post to version InsertImageSVG_v0.1.4.0 to address the comments raised by Thomas_AR:

The plugin now runs automatically and will check for updates; if an update is not available then the plugin will not check for updates again until 24 hours has elapsed. If an update is found you will be presented with a dialog that has two buttons:

1. Go to webpage: This will take you to the mobile read webpage from where the update can be downloaded
2. Remind me later: Pressing this button will close the dialog and you will be reminded of the update after 1 hour has elapsed.

This version of the plugin will close automatically.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #30
CalibUser
Addict

I have uploaded an updated user guide in the first post of this thread.