Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #496
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Version 1.22.0 - 13 Aug 2018

Detect Previewer versions up to 3.25 and remove support for Previewer versions older than 3.22. (Newer Previewer versions produce better results.)

The default conversion behavior has been changed to create a book (EBOK) instead of a personal document (PDOC). Removed the conversion option "Always create book instead of personal document" and added "Create personal document instead of book". Removed the command line option "--book" and added "--doc".

Fix conversion warnings for some missing files in the source EPUB not always being reported in the conversion log. (Some missing files may be reported multiple times as a side effect of this change.)

Fix incompatibility with calibre versions before 3.0 introduced in plugin version 1.17.0. (Fixes "AttributeError: 'apsw.Cursor' object has no attribute 'fetchone'")
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #497
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for making the create a book change so promptly once Calibre was changed. I love being able to sideload kfx files on my Kindle and getting thumbnails without having to add the ASIN and have it download the thumbnails from the Amazon servers.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 03:05 AM   #498
tekkkkkk
tekkkkkk began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
hi,
during conversion process, i'm receiving the following kinds of error :

1) calibre, version 3.29.0
ERRORE: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Sherlock Holmes e la regina nera.
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00285: viewBox with non-zero min-x or min-y co-ordinate is not supported

2) calibre, version 3.29.0
ERRORE: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Sherlock Holmes e l'avventura del farmacista pazzo.
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00104: Unsupported tag or style was found. Tag: (), HTML Attribute: (), CSS Style: (zoom=0.5).
tekkkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #499
tekkkkkk
tekkkkkk began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
view attachment for conversion log and source that, probably, generate the error number 2

For the first error i can't find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkkkkk View Post
hi,
during conversion process, i'm receiving the following kinds of error :

1) calibre, version 3.29.0
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00285: viewBox with non-zero min-x or min-y co-ordinate is not supported

2) calibre, version 3.29.0
ERRORE: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Sherlock Holmes e l'avventura del farmacista pazzo.
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Error:E00104: Unsupported tag or style was found. Tag: (), HTML Attribute: (), CSS Style: (zoom=0.5).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ConversionLog.zip (6.5 KB, 157 views)
tekkkkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #500
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The problem is the use of the CSS property "zoom: 0.5". You can see it on line 25 in the file that you uploaded. (htmlwitherror.txt )

Amazon supports a specific set of properties in KFX format. Use of anything else may prevent conversion. They are listed in "Appendix B: Attributes and Tags Supported by Enhanced Typesetting" of the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines.

Quote:
That error is probably caused by an SVG element. See section "9.4.11 Use Supported SVG Tags and Elements" in the Publishing Guidelines. From that document: "viewBox is mandatory and it must have four values (min x, min y, width, height). All four values must be integers and the first two values must be 0."
Advert
Old 08-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #501
hengyu
Enthusiast
hengyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Sorry, no. Font ramp does not work with KFX format.
Sorry for replying to such an old message, but I've been struggling with the same problem as that poster.

Without font ramp, I'm finding that Bookerly's size 4 is way too huge and size 3 way too tiny on my Paperwhite. I adore the KFX look otherwise.

Might there be any other way to manipulate the book's font size to find some kind of healthy middleground?
hengyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #502
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengyu View Post
Might there be any other way to manipulate the book's font size to find some kind of healthy middleground?
Starting with kindle firmware version 5.8.11 there are more steps available in the font size scale compared with prior versions. If your kindle is running older firmware you might want to update it.

I don't have any suggestions other than that.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #503
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
First off, many thanks for creating this plugin. I just got a Kindle PaperWhite. I had a Kobo before, so all my ebooks were in ePub.

I tried to read the thread before asking my question, but 33 pages...

Hope it's OK if I ask it anyway.

So, when I want to get info on my KFX ebook on the Kindle, it says that the ASIN is not valid. It can't find it on the Store, I guess.

Is there some way to circumvent that ?
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #504
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
I tried to read the thread before asking my question, but 33 pages...

Hope it's OK if I ask it anyway.

So, when I want to get info on my KFX ebook on the Kindle, it says that the ASIN is not valid. It can't find it on the Store, I guess.

Is there some way to circumvent that ?
I assume you are referring to the "View in store" and "View on Goodreads" links on the book's information screen.

For those to work you need to set an ASIN in the book's identifiers in calibre prior to conversion that matches the ASIN of the equivalent Kindle book in the Amazon store. See "Showing Cover Thumbnail Images on E-Ink Kindle Devices" in the first post of this thread for instructions on how to do that.

(I don't think this was covered previously in this thread.)
Old 09-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #505
hiabcwelcome
hiabcwelcome began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Exclamation

Hi,
I'm trying to convert Frankenstein by Mary Shelley to kfx.
But I'm seeing following error.

Code:
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.amazon.kfxconverter.util.ProcessUtil$Kernel32 (Error Code: 1)
Please find attached log for more details.
Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (6.8 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by hiabcwelcome; 09-08-2018 at 10:38 PM.
hiabcwelcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #506
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabcwelcome View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to convert Frankenstein by Mary Shelley to kfx.
But I'm seeing following error.

Code:
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.amazon.kfxconverter.util.ProcessUtil$Kernel32 (Error Code: 1)
Please find attached log for more details.
Thank you.
Something is wrong with the Kindle Previewer installation on your system.

I recommend uninstalling the Kindle Previewer, downloading a fresh copy from Amazon's website, and reinstalling it.

If that doesn't help check for anti-virus or any other programs on your system that might be interfering with it.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:21 AM   #507
hiabcwelcome
hiabcwelcome began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Something is wrong with the Kindle Previewer installation on your system.

I recommend uninstalling the Kindle Previewer, downloading a fresh copy from Amazon's website, and reinstalling it.

If that doesn't help check for anti-virus or any other programs on your system that might be interfering with it.
Did fresh installation, as well as tried disabling antivirus, still facing same issue.
Is it something related to 64-bit/32-bit windows?
If it matters I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit
Kindle Previewer Version 3.25.0
hiabcwelcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #508
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabcwelcome View Post
Did fresh installation, as well as tried disabling antivirus, still facing same issue.
Is it something related to 64-bit/32-bit windows?
If it matters I'm on Windows 10, 64-bit
Kindle Previewer Version 3.25.0
I also have Windows 10 64-bit and Previewer 3.25.0 and they work for me.

From the log it looks like something on your system is interfering with the Previewer. I don't have any other suggestions of how to fix it.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #509
Claude_C
Evangelist
Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Claude_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra & Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen
Quote:
I assume you are referring to the "View in store" and "View on Goodreads" links on the book's information screen.

For those to work you need to set an ASIN in the book's identifiers in calibre prior to conversion that matches the ASIN of the equivalent Kindle book in the Amazon store. See "Showing Cover Thumbnail Images on E-Ink Kindle Devices" in the first post of this thread for instructions on how to do that.

(I don't think this was covered previously in this thread.)
Thanks !

It worked just like you said.

In Calibre, I have the plugin "Amazon.com Multiple Countries" installed. Just fetching the metadata added the correct ASIN.
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:49 AM   #510
lovingfriendstar
lovingfriendstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Is there still no way to get Vocabulary Builder working with KFX files? I love the enhanced typography and page flip of KFX format but sorely missing the VB function of AZW3.
lovingfriendstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine