Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 05:27 AM   #1
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
using plugboard to customize comments (stopped here as new in calibre forum)

I am using plugboard to customize the title and author. Works very well for my kobo. Also changes afterwards are easy possible with kobo utility and feature update metadata.
Later I use to send specific comments i.e. some dynamic data followed by given comments. Also that works well but of course only after the books are on the reader.

So far so good.

Is there any chance for adding comments in the plugboard target field list like for title etc to avoid the initial extra work (unplug, plug, update comments)?

Last edited by Katja_hbg; 10-11-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is really a question for the calibre forum. I have looked at this but don't know why comments are not one of the fields that can be changed. The only thing I can think of it that it might not work for some devices. Adding it is fairly easy, and I have done it in my development environment and it works with the Kobo devices.

But, as I said, you should be asking this in the calibre forum.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is really a question for the calibre forum. I have looked at this but don't know why comments are not one of the fields that can be changed. The only thing I can think of it that it might not work for some devices. Adding it is fairly easy, and I have done it in my development environment and it works with the Kobo devices.

But, as I said, you should be asking this in the calibre forum.
I think that kovid answered at some moment about this, and the problem was the possibility of wrong html.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think that kovid answered at some moment about this, and the problem was the possibility of wrong html.
I don't remember seeing that, but it's reasonable. The Kobo firmware seems to have no real problems with errors in the synopsis.

I had a very quick look to see if the list of fields could be device specific, but it would need a reasonable rewrite.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't remember seeing that, but it's reasonable. The Kobo firmware seems to have no real problems with errors in the synopsis.

I had a very quick look to see if the list of fields could be device specific, but it would need a reasonable rewrite.
At this moment I have a "customized calibre" with that field and some modifications for catalogs.

And no, I can say for sure that Kobo has no problems with a bad-formatted html
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:35 AM   #6
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Calibre 3.34 provide the comment Feature.

As this thread is a duplicate see more here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291138
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, I meant to hunt down a thread about this and post it. Having a plugboard that can update the comments will reduce the need to run the Kobo Utilities plugins metadata update.

But, I am also adding a more complete metadata update to the driver. This will allow automatic update of the device database whenever you connect the device. It doesn't have as many options as the Kobo Utilities plugin, but will use the plugboard in the same way as is used when sending a book. This should be in the next calibre release.