Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #3871
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
The lipc tools are part of the stock system (and that since pretty much forever, IIRC).

(It's a wrapper around dbus, FWIW).

What (and how) are you searching for, exactly?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:17 AM   #3872
alevinetx
alevinetx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The lipc tools are part of the stock system (and that since pretty much forever, IIRC).

(It's a wrapper around dbus, FWIW).

What (and how) are you searching for, exactly?
From this page: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kin...king#Jailbreak

none of the lipc-* are on the system

I did a find on /, and only found that one .so library.
alevinetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #3873
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You may be running in diags mode? Don't and switch to main?

Because they're definitely there (and in completely standard paths IIRC).
Old 03-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #3874
entwinedivy
entwinedivy began at the beginning.

Device: pw4
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I jailbroke my PW4, running 11.2, did the whole mr installer and KUAL. I tried to drop the screensaver install into the root directory and every time I went to unplug the kindle, it would come up with a message "invalid update file has been loaded on your device". When I tried to do it through mr installer nothing happened. Now I have a folder for fonts and the readme in that says I can do custom fonts (that wasn't what I wanted but OK) but no linkss folder anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?
entwinedivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:51 PM   #3875
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@entwinedivy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's fairly simple: upload all the update packages you need (in one go ) to the mrpackages directory
Advert

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet