Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #4351
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Christine 16 - KISS
I don't think "16" is part of a name or nickname -- I think it's her age. From the lyrics:

I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
That day I knew, I knew (Christine sixteen)
I've got to have you, I've got to have you
She's' been around, but she's young and clean
I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoa no
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #4352
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gleipnir, by SKÁLD

From the English translation of the lyrics: "Gleipnir is my name"
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 06:56 AM   #4353
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I don't think "16" is part of a name or nickname -- I think it's her age. From the lyrics:

I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
That day I knew, I knew (Christine sixteen)
I've got to have you, I've got to have you
She's' been around, but she's young and clean
I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoa no
Hmmm.. I think you're right there.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:38 AM   #4354
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Inventionis Mater - Son of Suzy Creamcheese (Frank Zappa)

Old 05-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #4355
cromag

Woodward's Home Movies, by Michael Giacchino

Advert
Old 05-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #4356
drjd
The Couch Potato

Guru Randhawa: High Rated Gabru

Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #4357
cromag

Quote:
Are you sure this is a name? Reading the lyrics in translation, here I didn't see anything that looked like a name. Checking further I found this:

What is the meaning of High Rated Gabru?

Ujala Kumari Answered Jan 2, 2019 · Author has 54 answers and 8.8k answer views

High rated gabru is a song written and sung by guru randhawa. Literally,high rated gabru means a boy having high ratings.The popularity,the attitude may come in the criteria of this rating. As gabru is a punjabi word meaning boy.Here high rated is used to signify the popularity of the boy. As today,there is a trend of ratings.people usually give ratings to songs,movies,shows etc.That’s all what high rated gabru means.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #4358
cromag

Pyramus and Thisbe, by Mary Lloyd-Butler

Old 05-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #4359
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
And adding to

Quote:
Are you sure this is a name?
...That’s all what high rated gabru means.
even if it were a name, then it has already been played

Note to myself: don't blindly trust natives
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #4360
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Wait for Me Mary-Anne" by Marmalade

with a hyphen on iTune
Old 05-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #4361
cromag

Flute Song (Pyramus and Thisbe), by Peter Erskine

Old 05-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #4362
PoP

Mary Lou and (erronously) Mary Lou have been played, but that Lou alone, not yet:

"Mary Lou" by Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks

Last edited by PoP; 05-24-2019 at 08:44 PM. Reason: " removed
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 PM   #4363
cromag

Pyramus and Thisby, from the soundtrack to Were the World Mine

Old 05-25-2019, 05:30 AM   #4364
PoP

"General Wynne" by Turlough O'Carolan

<>

Last edited by PoP; 05-31-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: upd links
Old 05-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #4365
drjd
The Couch Potato

Quote:
Are you sure this is a name? Reading the lyrics in translation, here I didn't see anything that looked like a name. Checking further I found this:

What is the meaning of High Rated Gabru?

Ujala Kumari Answered Jan 2, 2019 · Author has 54 answers and 8.8k answer views

High rated gabru is a song written and sung by guru randhawa. Literally,high rated gabru means a boy having high ratings.The popularity,the attitude may come in the criteria of this rating. As gabru is a punjabi word meaning boy.Here high rated is used to signify the popularity of the boy. As today,there is a trend of ratings.people usually give ratings to songs,movies,shows etc.That’s all what high rated gabru means.
I really got confused between 'Gabru' and 'Gabbar'. As such Gabbar is proper first name which has been used before. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ar#post3768078

Hence the deductive reasoning. Besides, I confess, my knowledge of Punjabi is as good as Chinese.