Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shopaholic -

I think the problem is what dreamsgate said. You have to put in the code.

The code should work anywhere. I'm a member of Ed Patterson's Operation ebook Drop which allows soldiers stationed overseas to download books for free. The program uses coupons to facilitate this. The code information is above, but I'll reprint it here for you and anyone else having this problem

The Horns of September
Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: RU44P
Expires: February 28, 2010

----------

dreamsgate -

Thank you for helping out! Did you also download a copy?

If you did, thanks very much.

-------------

pricecw -

Thanks so much!

Yes, this is dark and creepy - with many, many pages!

It's a throwback kind of novel. It starts out fine with the sense of foreboding and then slowly, one thing after another begins to happen. You're very much in the shoes of the protagonist trying to figure out what is happening in Shucktown.

Truly hope everyone enjoys and gets their copy downloaded - for free!
WPotocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #17
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Yes I did download a copy, and i will be reading it just as soon as I finish the current book I am reading.

I am looking forward to it.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

dreamsgate -

Oh, great!

Thanks so much.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Now I just have to get my Edge to read it.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #20
WPotocki
Connoisseur

paulckennedy -

Thank you so much!

I notice you're from Texas. I always get so jealous when I hear that. I live in NY where space is this precious commodity and Texas ... well, my impression is just all this space! Miles of room to move around! It's a luxury I would love to partake in enjoying.

Thanks again!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #21
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Ooops! Sorry, that was the issue, the coupon code. I've been having too much fun downloading free books and was used to seeing $0 or US Only and thought it was one of those. Totally missed the coupon thing. LOL Sorry about that.

Got it and downloaded it. Thanks so much! Looking forward to reading it.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #22
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Shopaholic -

You're welcome and glad you finally got it to work!

Thanks for giving it - and me - a try!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #23
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I've downloaded the book - thank you so much

Looking forward to reading it.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #24
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Thnx, Hope to read it this weekend, Thnx again
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
WPotocki
Connoisseur

lene1949 and Kevin2960 -

You are both so welcome!

I hope you love some of those characters as much as I do.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #26
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
I just finished reading it.

And first thing is Whoa!, I didn't see that coming. At various stages in the story I thought I had it all figured out. Only to discover that it might be something else. But the ending really threw me for a loop.

I do hope that you continue on with the series.

I loved the lead character and he was quite a character.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #27
WPotocki
Connoisseur

dreamsgate -

You finished it already? Fast reader!

I am overjoyed that you liked it. And I also love the main character. I really felt for him when I was writing this story.

I almost have to write the series. I came up with what I think is such a neat idea for the next series of twists. It's just calling to me to write it down!

Thanks again for posting. I do appreciate the feedback and especially when it's positive.

Last edited by WPotocki; 03-19-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #28
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Smile The Horns of September: My Horror/Thriller is Free through the end of this month

Hi all -

I'm offering up my novel The Horns of September for free - through the end of this month. This is in honor of the month of September and the fact I just finished two more books.

It's a nifty horror/thriller that contains the mother of all conspiracy theories.

Have fun and enjoy!

Here's the coupon info and the link to Smashwords:

Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: AA34T
Expires: September 30, 2010

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7345

Synopsis:

Date: September 1961
Place: Longview, South Carolina
Nickname: Shucktown
Unofficial Motto: Someone is always shuckin’ something in Shucktown

Dilemma: All is not right in Shucktown. Just ask Chuck Beckett. He’s young, in love and readying his group to audition for Motown Records. He’s sure his will be the first interracial group signed by the emerging recording giant. He should be on top of the world, but he’s not. For despite living out his dreams, Chuck feels as if he’s headed for certain disaster. Repressed memories have begun to surface in the form of dark, paralyzing depressions. These debilitating episodes convince him of one thing – that he is soon about to die. Chuck tries his best to shake it off as so much teenage angst. He finds it increasingly difficult to do so after the good friend who warns him about “the devils in Shucktown,” winds up murdered. Her death is the catalyst that leads Chuck Beckett to step out of his comfort zone to confront cabals, demons, monsters knitted out of darkness and all the horrors that arise from the curse known as The Horns of September.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #29
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
Thank you, this sounds interesting!
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcross9818 View Post
Thank you, this sounds interesting!
You're welcome!

I hope you enjoy!

I meant to offer it this way at the beginning of the month, but was so immersed in writing the other two novels the time slipped by me.