Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
f1doc
f1doc began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
new england journal of medicine

Hello everyone. I'm new to this fabulous program. I'm an official paid subscriber to the New England Journal of Medicine. I made a recipe for Calibre to pick up each week's issue, using the RSS feed. This works fine . . . EXCEPT that the links to the articles go to an article summary, and not the full text. How can I tweak the recipe to have calibre download the full text and not just the article summary?

If necessary I can provide my details so this can be tested.

Thanks SO much for this great program!
-Gary
f1doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
aaront
aaront began at the beginning.

Device: none
new england journal of medicine

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have the same problem I am trying to solve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1doc View Post
Hello everyone. I'm new to this fabulous program. I'm an official paid subscriber to the New England Journal of Medicine. I made a recipe for Calibre to pick up each week's issue, using the RSS feed. This works fine . . . EXCEPT that the links to the articles go to an article summary, and not the full text. How can I tweak the recipe to have calibre download the full text and not just the article summary?

If necessary I can provide my details so this can be tested.

Thanks SO much for this great program!
-Gary
aaront is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Unfortunately, I don't know about the recipes, but are you sure that the links in the RSS feed point to the full article? Maybe those links point to the summery, in which case you'd either have to re-write all the links, or use a different a type of recipe.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably need to log in using your account details
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
jonmanheim
jonmanheim began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300
Recipe

Would you be willing to make the recipe public so others can use it?? Pretty crazy but I was just trying to figure this out today after I got my Sony reader last night. I would LOVE to be able to do this with all of my medical journals so I don't have that pile of crap sitting around in my house for months on end.
jonmanheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
jayman
Enthusiast
jayman began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanheim View Post
Would you be willing to make the recipe public so others can use it?? Pretty crazy but I was just trying to figure this out today after I got my Sony reader last night. I would LOVE to be able to do this with all of my medical journals so I don't have that pile of crap sitting around in my house for months on end.
Me too. I suck at programming and can't figure out the NEJM.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #7
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
i can try to do this if one of you pm me your account details
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

recipe will be included in next release
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
jonmanheim
jonmanheim began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-300
NEJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
i can try to do this if one of you pm me your account details
Do you still need someone's account details?
jonmanheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #10
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanheim View Post
Do you still need someone's account details?
no this should already be included in the current version of calibre
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
jayman
Enthusiast

Krittika, love the new england journal recipe. Thank you very much. Do you know if it's possible to include the figures, photos, etc...?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
Krittika, love the new england journal recipe. Thank you very much. Do you know if it's possible to include the figures, photos, etc...?
It was supposed to do that but may be I made a mistake. I'll look into it again as soon as I can
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #13
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
The NEJM has a strange setup for its figures. I can include the tiny version of the figures because if you go to the Table of contents page (which is the only place from which I can automatically access all the articles) and click on an article with a figure you only see a tiny version of the figure. It asks you to click on the figure which then takes you to a new page with just the figure and the way the html is setup is very messy. I myself cannot handle that level of recipe writing. I will ask Kovid if he can make the time for it. Till then I will improve the recipe to include the tiny figure which I guess in case of graphs is quite useless.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #14
jayman
Enthusiast

Quote:
The NEJM has a strange setup for its figures. I can include the tiny version of the figures because if you go to the Table of contents page (which is the only place from which I can automatically access all the articles) and click on an article with a figure you only see a tiny version of the figure. It asks you to click on the figure which then takes you to a new page with just the figure and the way the html is setup is very messy. I myself cannot handle that level of recipe writing. I will ask Kovid if he can make the time for it. Till then I will improve the recipe to include the tiny figure which I guess in case of graphs is quite useless.
Sounds good. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Quote:
The NEJM has a strange setup for its figures. I can include the tiny version of the figures because if you go to the Table of contents page (which is the only place from which I can automatically access all the articles) and click on an article with a figure you only see a tiny version of the figure..
FWIW, this seems to be typical of medical journals.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote