Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 12:40 AM   #1
syrianrue
syrianrue began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle tips and essential plugins/tools

For kindle paperwhite, the main formats are pdf, mobi, azw3(kf8), kfx, and generally when converting books for kindle, it's best to convert to azw3 right?

I hear that while kfx is a better format and provides better typesetting, isn't extremely reliable as some books will have difficulty being converted to this format correctly, is this true? If so, I guess azw3 would be the better way to ensure quality and reliability?

1. is calibre what i should use to convert pdf to azw3?
2. can I (should I) convert mobi to azw3?
3. what are some of the essential plugins and tools that I should get? what's a good de-drm plugin? I hear people using hyphenate plugin, is this useful at all? what are some other plugins that you would recommend or considered essential for an avid reader/kindle user?

thanks in advance
syrianrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
cmoim
Enthusiast
cmoim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage , Kindle Oasis 2 , Kobo Aura Edition 2
I got two kindle ereaders.
My reason for picking azw3 over mobi is the fact that i can change the boldness of the text besides the size of the font.
I tried KFX format ,the problem is when i convert to that format, for some reason i can't add the pager numbers of the books. Since i prefer to know at which page i stopped instead of its location i prefer azw3.
Mobi is good too.
cmoim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert