Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Thanks for clarification.

I don't use sigil, my old calibre can also produce twisted series info.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #17
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Seems to work that way. Thank you, Klecks!
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #18
BookHoarder
BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Same series problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
@trekk: writing down the few lines above I started to think why I need the third line (my own user data!) for the series thing. I had started to setup a series metadata approach long time ago when calibre had no solution for this - and when calibre's own series solution was released: I forgot about that user column because I never needed it any more. Shame on me!!!

Now: I deleted that user defined variable and updated the series titles metadata with the new calibre setup. Alas - now I have a correct display in the IP3.

All my other eReaders never complained about that additional line. remains the question why the IP3 is parsing that specific addtl line.

Thanks to you (and all readers) for being patient with me

Klaus
How do you get to that so I can delete that command. I'm having the same problem trying to get the reader to recognize all the books within a series as a series.
BookHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #19
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
These are two problems:

- if there is a second line with the word "series" in the book metadata (like I had the problem with my #series column) the PB740 takes everything in this line and "declares" it as a series name. This is why I had garbled information in my single titles (no series)

- the second problem (this the one you are referring) has to do with the way how the PB740 identifies series at all. @trekk pointed out elsewhere that this has to with the actual sequence of :calibre lines that follow the dc: lines in the book's metadata. This can be sorted out by rearranging the calibre: lines in a specific order

Quite frankly - currently I do not use the series information of the PB740 at all. It is to tedious to change all these specific lines (any tools for calibre did not prove to be helpful). So when copying the books from calibre to my PB740 I make sure that the metadata plugboards contain such a line ({series}{series_index:0>3s| - | - }{title}) for any device and any format.

Thus I have the series information in my book title and can choose the correct item of a series.

Klaus

P.S. You could use the Sigil epub editor (edit metadata F8) for having a closer look into the metadata world.

Last edited by kbaerwald; 05-10-2018 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Add-on
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #20
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Yes, you have to open all books belonging to series, edit metadata manually and check for possible mistakes you made.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #21
BookHoarder
BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookHoarder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Fixed with Work Around

So I fixed the problem I was having.

It was strange. Whenever I buy a new book I use ALF to remove restrictions so I can work with the book.

I change the title to something uniform if it's within the set of a series. Then I manually select each title of a series in the order I want the series to display. Then I select Edit Metadata in Bulk. I select the options to clear tags and series just to make sure it doesn't have any of whatever the publisher put in. Then I covert the changes into the format I want. EPUB.

The problem I had was that if I had say....an eight book series I'd sideload them into the Inkpad, and then sort the Inkpad library by series. I would see my series, but I'd only see 7 of the 8. The book not showing would still be in the reader, but if you bring up it's info the Inkpad would show it as NOT part of a series. Even though Calibre confirms it is part of a series.

Tried converting to different formats to see if the series tag would take, but no luck. In the end I don't know enough about sigil or lines and coding to make my own tweaks. So to solve my problem I used the Plugin EPUB Merge, created an Omnibus of the entire series, did a series tag on that, and loaded it into Inkpad 3.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. It got me looking at the problem in different ways. My library has been built to best be utilized on a Sony PRS T-1 through T-3. Sony let me down, though, when they let Amazon push them out of the American market. Still 99 percent of my library works flawlessly with the Inkpad. I just get a problem book every now and then.
BookHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #22
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
@BookHoarder: After some more try and error I learned, that with this sequence in the metadata code, series info is always displayed correctly on my Inkpad.

Code:
    <meta name="calibre:series" content=""/>
    <meta name="calibre:series_index" content=""/>
    <meta name="calibre:rating" content="2"/>
    <meta name="calibre:author_link_map" content=""/>
    <meta name="calibre:timestamp" content=""/>
    <meta name="cover" content=""/>
    <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#gelesen" content=""
The only time it was not, I just had to shorten the metadata comments. It seems the Inkpad 3 doesn't like long comments.

It is important that you don't push the "update metadata" button, after you have done the sorting of the meta name! I save my ebooks to the Inkpad via "save to disk".
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote