Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sheehan, Perley Poore: Captain Trouble - Four Novelettes. v1. 20 May 07

Ridiculous, unassuming "fun."

Couldn't find much on him, except this:

"Captain Trouble: In the thirties Sheehan began writing two series for THRILLING ADVENTURES. One was a Tarzan clone call Kwa...The other was about an American engineer, expelled from Russia, then suddenly caught up in the tribal conflicts in Afghanistan where he is proclaimed the heir to Kubla Khan, the future warlord of the world. In a series of...novelettes Sheehan traces the rise of Pelham Rutledge Shattuck from soldier of fortune, a fighting fool, to the crown of Kubla Khan. These stories are exciting, well written adventures, fun to read for there own sake."

Like I said - meaningless and ridiculous fun. (I hope.)

Hope you enjoy them.

P.S. I found 5 in the public domain, but one was incorrect, and looked like two different files joined together, that's why I only have 4 here.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Captain Trouble Four Novelettes.lrf (119.2 KB, 1295 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Excellent Dr. Drib! Looking forward to reading these. Are you working on any other Kwa stories? I noticed you had posted one, but wasn't sure if you were going to post any others...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
excellent, so many books, so little good light to read by
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Only one more Kwa story in PD

I have it and I'll work on it today. If there are any other titles involving Kwa that are in the public domain, I don't know about them.

I've read about 35 pages of the first one I uploaded. It's horrible, but there's something about slowing down at a wreck that excites my imagination....if you know what I mean.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Yeah, I read it. It is pretty horrible, but to be honest, I sorta enjoyed it. Something about going in and knowing that it is so cheesy.

I can actually picture the author just typing away, not really caring to ever edit what he was writing! And now I get to brag to my friends that I actually read a book called Kwa...um, ok, maybe not something to be proud of.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
sometimes things are so bad they are good like reruns of the old lucy show
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote