Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 02:38 AM   #511
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
This is an old post from 2011. Is there a github page for this Annotations plugin for Calibre? Can I use this to import annotations from my Kobo Aura H20 ebook reader?
This thread is the active thread for discussing the Annotations plugin for calibre (and was started in 2014 after the previous developer of the plugin left).

There is a github page at https://github.com/davidfor/calibre-annotations, but support should be through this thread. You can get the source from there, or it is all in the plugin. You can download that from the first page of the thread, or by unpacking the plugin after installing it through calibre.

Yes, the plugin can fetch annotations from all Kobo devices. And states that in the first post. And there has been lots of discussion on this throughout the thread.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:41 AM   #512
Terisa de morgan
Wizard
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara,Kobo Aura One, XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
This is an old post from 2011. Is there a github page for this Annotations plugin for Calibre? Can I use this to import annotations from my Kobo Aura H20 ebook reader?

ANSWER: https://github.com/davidfor/calibre-annotations
Yes, you can use for importing annotations from Kobo ereaders-
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 AM   #513
Gergely
Gergely began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sorry, already asked.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #514
sweth
Enthusiast
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2nd Gen, Kobo Aura H20
Unable to fetch annotations

Recently started getting the following error when trying to fetch annotations from my Kobo. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Quote:
calibre, version 3.26.1
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Kobo Aura H2O.</p>

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 301, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1024, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 158, in add_annotations_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations", line 251, in merge_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations_db", line 241, in capture_content
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:52 PM   #515
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweth View Post
Recently started getting the following error when trying to fetch annotations from my Kobo. Any thoughts on what might be going on?
The error is when the plugin is parsing the existing annotations before merging them with the new annotations. It looks like the format of the stored annotation is wrong. If you edit the annotation, you need to be careful not to change the structure to allow later merges to work.

I'll add some code to catch the error. Strangely, this particular line is the only problem. Most of the parsing of the existing annotations catches when there is a missing attribute, just not this one.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #516
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta: Support for tolino devices

Attached is a beta that adds support for the tolino devices. The annotations are read from the "notes.txt" file in the root partition of the device. This is similar to the clippings file in Kindle devices.

This is all new work but seems to be OK with my tolino epos. It should be the same for the other tolino devices as they seem to use the same basic firmware.

Fetching the annotations works by parsing the notes.txt file. This includes words to indicate the types of annotations. I have put support in for German and Spanish. But, I haven't done much testing with either of these languages. For other languages, it is a largely matter of getting a sample notes.txt file with each type of annotation in it. From that, I can get the strings needed.

If anyone with a tolino can test this and tell me how it goes, it would be much appreciated.

Also, this beta has a fix for the problem reported by @sweth. The error will be handled, and the new annotations should be added.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (663.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-06-2018, 11:54 PM   #517
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Tested on my Tolino/calibre 3.27.1 and imported the annotations without any issues that I noticed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #518
sweth
Enthusiast
sweth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2nd Gen, Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Also, this beta has a fix for the problem reported by @sweth. The error will be handled, and the new annotations should be added.
I don't remember intentionally changing any annotations, but the beta does resolve the error. Thanks for the prompt fix!
sweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #519
BobC
Fanatic
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Imports my bookmarks from a Tolino Shine o.k.

Calibre 3.27.1 64Bit

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote