Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #76
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'll have to say that after trying to use my iPad as my primary reading device over the last six months I've found that i've been a little spoiled by the size and weight of my readers.

What I've noticed is that my long form reading has gone down as I don't enjoy the long reading sessions I used to on my readers either due to the weight and size or often the distraction.

Addressing the size and weight, while I really enjoy the big screen holding it up after some time is tiring, so I usually have it propped up in its case which does limit some reading positions. Also, I've found that my eyes do tire faster with the screen so longer continuous sessions are rarer.

Now I'm not against the iPad, its something I usually carry when I leave the house, and love using it for reading Comics and Newspapers (PressReader is great, a little expensive but great), However when reading text, I just don't enjoy it as much partially due to the screen but mainly due to the size and weight.

As I've passed on my Gen3's and PocketPro to family Members (and got back the Prs-500 in that round robin) I'm looking at an upgrade and am being seriously tempted by the new Android Tablets like the Galaxy Tab. I nearly got one before coming to my senses and realising that an upgrade is likely around the corner (Mobile World Congress!) so am holding out to see what the next gen is going to bring.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #77
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Well, the iPad is a tablet, not really an eReader, the book part is just an added plus. I'm not really surprised you're not loving it. What does the galaxy offer that the iPad doesn't? Just the size?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #78
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
I've always been a paperback reader, so I do like the smaller size and lower weight of most e-ink based readers. I do read on my iPad when I have it with me in preference to the iPhone, but it really is to heavy to read on every night. It's amazing what difference a few hundred grams makes at 1 in the morning.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote