Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 12:17 AM   #106
fitnesspm
fitnesspm began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If not then you need to tell the viewer program which browser user to sync with.
How do I do that? I've only been using Calibre for 2 days now and still new.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:27 AM   #107
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:

@nqk: Tap outside what to confirm? If you tap outside the panel showing the notes and colors, it confirms.
Unfortunately, tapping outside the selection doesn't confirm it. I need to tap the "check" button on the top right corner to do that.

What I did: Long tap --> Choose the <---> button to select ---> choose the Check (topright corner) to confirm.

I think the "check, delete, edit, copy" buttons should be in a bar that floats next/closer to the selection.

Last edited by nqk; 07-31-2020 at 04:00 AM.
Advert
Old 07-31-2020, 03:38 AM   #108
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me, clicking outside theyellow background of the middle area, showing the notes and colors confirms.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:39 AM   #109
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnesspm View Post
How do I do that? I've only been using Calibre for 2 days now and still new.
Look in the viewer preferences under miscellaneous
Old 07-31-2020, 04:31 AM   #110
The_Ad
The_Ad began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm able to connect as Wireless Device through Calibre Companion. I'm using Windows10 64 bit and Calibre Companion is installed in Samsung Tablet.
Advert
Old 07-31-2020, 05:54 AM   #111
The_Ad

I'm *unable to connect as Wireless Device through Calibre Companion. I'm using Windows10 64 bit and Calibre Companion is installed in Samsung Tablet.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:10 AM   #112
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I doubt that has anything to do with the beta, there were no changes in that area (apart from of course using python 3, but that has been verified as working before). What error do you get? And maybe post in the CC forum as well.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:12 AM   #113
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Works for me, clicking outside theyellow background of the middle area, showing the notes and colors confirms.
Do you mean that you can tap outside the selector to confirm it?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200731-191055.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	181033
Old 07-31-2020, 08:15 AM   #114
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No I mean before tapping adjust selection, i.e. while the colors and notes panel is visible. Tapping anywhere to finish while adjusting selection doesnt seem like a good idea to me, way to easy to accidentally trigger.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #115
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
No I mean before tapping adjust selection, i.e. while the colors and notes panel is visible. Tapping anywhere to finish while adjusting selection doesnt seem like a good idea to me, way to easy to accidentally trigger.
Ah, I brought the button to the selection bar. It saves me extra taps. The reason, on Android, is you must use the "adjust selection" tool no matter what as long tap selects only a single word.

I suggest that long taps activate the "adjust selection", and an "action bar" appears when the selector is inactive, at least optionally.

I will wait and see how it may become in the stable version 5. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200731-204922.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	181037

Last edited by nqk; 07-31-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:50 AM   #116
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Having long taps open directly into select mode is a possibility, for that select mode should gin buttons for the lookup and search net functions, so it can serve as substitue for the selection bar.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #117
The_Ad

Quote:
I doubt that has anything to do with the beta, there were no changes in that area (apart from of course using python 3, but that has been verified as working before). What error do you get? And maybe post in the CC forum as well.
Yes, You're right. It has nothing to do with beta. The error occurred because tablet was connected to hotspot that was from my PC. As soon as I connected it with the original Wifi, everything went perfect.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:17 AM   #118
Celebi
Celebi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
When I use search function in viewer/reader I have the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 4.99.9
ERROR: Error in message handler: TypeError: Cannot read property 'frameElement' of undefined

Traceback (most recent call last):
at IframeClient.handle_message (userscript:viewer.js:15123:21)
at IframeBoss.show_search_result (userscript:viewer.js:22961:22)
at IframeBoss.snap_to_selection [as ensure_selection_visible] (userscript:viewer.js:19342:45)
at ScrollViewport.ρσ_interpolate_kwargs (userscript:viewer.js:2616:18)
at ScrollViewport.viewport_to_document (userscript:viewer.js:12147:41)
TypeError: Cannot read property 'frameElement' of undefined
after I click on OK or close error message the book is stuck/frozen in loading screen

Please let me know if this does not belongs here.

As far as I know this issue is not present in the current production version 4.22.0
Old 08-01-2020, 06:37 AM   #119
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@Celebi: yes this is fixed for the next beta, it was introduced by the new RTL language support.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #120
Celebi
Celebi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 623
Quote:
@Celebi: yes this is fixed for the next beta, it was introduced by the new RTL language support.
Thank you. I am looking forward to new release.
Closed Thread