Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #1
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY - 99 cents on Amazon Mar. 1-2

A WITCH, A HAUNTED HOUSE & A BLOODY RITUAL OF RETURN!
My horror novel about a creepy HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, usually priced at $6 by Flame Tree Press, is just $0.99 | £0.99 today and tomorrow on Amazon Kindle!

While a fictional novel about a haunted house, the book uses the setting of Bachelors Grove Cemetery, often featured in those "America's Most Haunted Places" kinds of books and TV shows. I grew up near the cemetery, so it was fun to set a book there! Explore the secrets of its hidden rooms now:

US: https://www.amazon.com/House-Cemeter...dp/B07J2MQ5N8/

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/House-Cemet...dp/B07J2MQ5N8/

johneverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
OK - I got the book. Now what do I do? I turned it over to read the blurb on the back, but instead encountered the back of my ereader. And the only thing I could read was 'R Kobo'.

What gives?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OK - I got the book. Now what do I do? I turned it over to read the blurb on the back, but instead encountered the back of my ereader. And the only thing I could read was 'R Kobo'.

What gives?
No protective cover?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ack!
Old 03-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #5
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Sorry - just saw this thread! Are you saying there's an issue with the Kobo edition? I will report it to the publisher if so?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneverson View Post
Sorry - just saw this thread! Are you saying there's an issue with the Kobo edition? I will report it to the publisher if so?

No, no, no. Just trying to be funny, but it backfired.

Ok, so this elephant walks into a bar....
Old 03-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
johneverson
Zealot

LOL... oops... Okay, I got it!
Old 01-20-2021, 09:36 PM   #8
johneverson
Zealot

HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY is 99 Cents This Week!

My "haunted house" horror novel THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY is ranked #2 in Ghost Horror and #10 in Horror overall tonight on Amazon! It's also #1 on Kobo Horror thanks to being featured on BookBub today.

Kirkus Reviews gave it this awesome review:
“As readers will come to learn, this is a book that is hard to put down. I devoured this book in two sittings, furiously turning pages towards the blood-soaked conclusion.” ~ Kirkus Reviews

Download it from your favorite ebook seller today while it's cheap!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/House-Cemeter...dp/B07J2MQ5N8/

B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9781787580039

Books-A-Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/produc...=7279585213621

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...the-cemetery-2

GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=hKXuDwAAQBAJ
Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-...y/id1521690965
Old 07-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #9
johneverson
Zealot

Flame Tree Press has put my "haunted house" horror novel THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY on sale for 99 cents this week! It will also be featured in the BookBub ebooks newsletter tomorrow.

The New York Journal of Books gave it this awesome review:
"The House by the Cemetery involves everything that a horror aficionado could ever want—an undead witch, comic relief, a haunted house dedicated to obscure and not-so obscure horror films, and lots and lots of gore…Indeed, The House by the Cemetery could easily be transcribed into an action-packed screenplay" ~ The New York Journal of Books

Download it from your favorite ebook seller today while it's cheap!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/House-Cemeter...dp/B07J2MQ5N8/

Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-...y/id1521690965

B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9781787580039

Books-A-Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/produc...=7279585213621

GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=hKXuDwAAQBAJ

Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...the-cemetery-2
Old 07-22-2021, 04:51 PM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I clicked on this thread because of the similarly named book by La Fanu.
How about a synopsis?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:25 AM   #11
johneverson
Zealot

Synopsis

Hi BookCat - Absolutely! It's a story about a guy hired to rehab an old abandoned house to become a haunted house attraction... only, what he doesn't realize is, the house didn't need any help it was already haunted. Here's the back cover description:

Rumor has it that the abandoned house by the cemetery is haunted by the ghost of a witch. But rumors won’t stop carpenter Mike Kostner from rehabbing the place as a haunted house attraction. Soon he’ll learn that fresh wood and nails can’t keep decades of rumors down. There are noises in the walls, and fresh blood on the floor: secrets that would be better not to discover. And behind the rumors is a real ghost who will do whatever it takes to ensure the house reopens. She needs people to fill her house on Halloween. There’s a dark, horrible ritual to fulfill. Because while the witch may have been dead... she doesn’t intend to stay that way.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #12
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks. It sounds like fun.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:59 AM   #13
claramax600
claramax600 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow, this book seems quite scary and interesting.
claramax600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:12 AM   #14
DragonRiderOz
DragonRiderOz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

What gives?
Same thing here!
DragonRiderOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:14 AM   #15
DragonRiderOz
DragonRiderOz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I love the cover! It really grabbed my attention.
DragonRiderOz is offline   Reply With Quote