Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
ferossan
ferossan began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO, Nook Simple Touch, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo HD
Forcing no conversion, just copy to device?

I do have 2 devices, an old Hanlin V5 and a Nook Simple Touch. Both rooted.
Almost all my books are in fb2 format and I have no problems to use Calibre to organize my library and copy my fb2's to the Hanlin without conversion. To my surprise, I can't do the same with the Nook Simple Touch. Calibre insist to convert my fb2's to epub

Is there any way, using Calibre, to avoid the conversion and just copy the fb2 to my Nook Simple Touch?

(of course, I can use a file manager to copy the files, but the idea is use Calibre)
ferossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Customize the proper Nook Touch device interface plugin (Preferences->Plugins->Device interface plugins) to include fb2 as a valid format for the device.

Highlight the correct interface plugin, click "Customize plugin" and check the fb2 box. You can also move it up in priority if you need to.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
ferossan
ferossan began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO, Nook Simple Touch, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you! That did it!
ferossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're welcome.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, fb2, simple touch