Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
tk421
tk421 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Convert to native Kobo manga format?

Hi!

I had given up on Kobo because of the horribly buggy annotations sync, but I later realized it makes for a great manga reader. My plan is to use Kobo to buy raw mangas from the Japanese store. Works amazingly well so far.

I have downloaded the Japanese Kobo app for iOS and am amazed at how great a manga reader it is. It is not at all like the US app. It’s so good I’ve been trying to figure out how I could use the app to read sideloaded mangas.

Anybody has any idea which format Kobo ises for mangas? My hope is that the japanese Kobo app would recognize such a file and let me use it with their manga reader mode. This way I wouldn’t have to use a separate app for reading mangas. (Right now using CBR manga.)

Anybody who is into manga, please do yourself a favor and try out the japanese Kobo app from the japanese iOS app store. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
tk421 is offline   Reply With Quote