Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Small bug report

Found a bug-ish.

When you try and merge a file into the previous file by right clicking on the filename in the book browser and selecting merge - or typing ctl-m - I get an "Embedded Python Error". With a "Error: traceback report is missing" detail.

When you close/cancel the error report the merge is completed properly.

Windows 10 64, Sigil 0.9.7
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I just tried to recreate this with current builds from github master on a Mac and can not recreate what you are reporting at all. The merge works just fine with no "Embedded Python Error".

So I can not recreate this on a Mac at the very least.

Can anyone else confirm the bug? Is it a Windows only bug?

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Found a bug-ish.

When you try and merge a file into the previous file by right clicking on the filename in the book browser and selecting merge - or typing ctl-m - I get an "Embedded Python Error". With a "Error: traceback report is missing" detail.

When you close/cancel the error report the merge is completed properly.

Windows 10 64, Sigil 0.9.7
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Must be something specific to the xhtml in @Turtle91's epub. I merge file in exactly the manner he described all the time (on Windows and Linux) without an error. Did it just now.

But of course, I'm using the latest version of Sigil and not 0.9.7 (though I don't remember getting the errors on older versions of Sigil, either).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind, I know exactly what this is. It occurs whenever splits or merges are initiated when the opf tab is open. So long as only xhtml tabs are currently open, there is no error when splitting/merging.

I know because I explicitly fixed the issue in Sigil v0.9.8.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-19-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please Ignore the below as DiapDealer has already fixed the issue in Sigil 0.9.8 which is why I could not recreate it in master.

Turtle91,
On a copy of the problem file, would you please run Sigil->Tools->Reformat HTML-> "Mend All HTML Files" just **before** trying your problem merge and let me know if the issue goes away.

That way we can rule out non-well-formed xhtml from causing the problem.

Please let us know what you see.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I feel so bad!! I normally update to the latest as soon as it is released...didn't even think of that aspect. I'll update and check again.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bug reports don't count unless they are from the latest version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No harm no foul.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I feel so bad!! I normally update to the latest as soon as it is released...didn't even think of that aspect. I'll update and check again.
Don't feel bad, version 0.9.8 also snuck past me, I only realised I was a release behind last week. I've now put the releases page into my RSS sucker-upper.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Yup - that was it. All fixed!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Oh, I love a good HEA ending. :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote