Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 05:44 AM   #1
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
Fix The D*mn Light

I know it's ridiculous, but am I the only one who eagerly waits to see if Kobo has fixed the charging light so it turns green when done?
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:56 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There's a charging light?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #3
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
On which device? I have both the H2O and the Glo HD and I don't believe I've ever seen more than one color (white and red respectively) for the light.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I just tap on the screen and check. Don't think there's a charging light on my device.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
Insomniac55
Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo H2O
The H2O has a white light and I don't believe the hardware contains anything else... so you're not going to see it 'fixed'.

Honestly not something I can see a reason for changing, e-readers last so damn long anyway I'm hardly ever charging it.
Insomniac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't see a charging light on my H2O. I've never seen one. So where is it if it exists?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loyne View Post
I know it's ridiculous, but am I the only one who eagerly waits to see if Kobo has fixed the charging light so it turns green when done?
According to this post it is fixed in 4.4.9298.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't see a charging light on my H2O. I've never seen one. So where is it if it exists?
The KA1 has one (going from red to green when charged).
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
My old Kobo goes from red to blue. I think it is the second one.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #10
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
I should have been more specific. I was talking about my Aura One. I charged it this morning after putting in the latest firmware and the light didn't change when full. I powered it off and turned it back on and now it turns green when done.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:54 AM   #11
Insomniac55
Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Insomniac55 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loyne View Post
I should have been more specific. I was talking about my Aura One. I charged it this morning after putting in the latest firmware and the light didn't change when full. I powered it off and turned it back on and now it turns green when done.
Ah, that makes sense, then.
Insomniac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Yeah, it still bugs me on my Aura One. Leave it charging overnight, wake up, it's still red. Some times, as soon as I pick it up, it turns green, but no rhyme or reason to that happening, unless the movement is triggering the auto turn on. Umpteen software versions ago, it was always green at the end of the charging cycle.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote