Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #2401
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Is it worthwhile to install the Alexa app on my new Android phone, when it's already on my Fire tablet? I wouldn't be using any of the calling features. Is there anything different about the Android version of the app?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #2402
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Don't know if there's anything different, but I like having it on my phone and my Fire. For one thing, I don't always have my Fire with me. But I always have my phone.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #2403
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Is it worthwhile to install the Alexa app on my new Android phone, when it's already on my Fire tablet? I wouldn't be using any of the calling features. Is there anything different about the Android version of the app?
I have the app on my Android phones and use it as a remote for my Echos. If I can't think of anything I want to listen to, I'll use the app to search for something.

It's one of the first apps I download when I get a new device.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #2404
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I check the Alexa shopping list on my phone when we're at the store, and sometimes I'll check timers if I'm not in earshot of the devices. For those functions, it's nice to have it in my pocket.
Really, I don't find myself using the Alexa app all that much on any device. Checking the history and listening to the audio snippets for the more confusing transcriptions, it about it.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:18 PM   #2405
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks. I probably won't bother installing Alexa. At least not right away.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #2406
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

X-posted from the Deals Forum

Amazon Echo Sale

* Amz Echo --> $100 (reg $180)

* Amz Tap --> $100 (reg $130)

* Echo Dot --> $45 (reg $50)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-24-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #2407
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Alexa finally arrives on all Android phones via Amazon Shopping app

Quote:
Exactly a month ago, Amazon confirmed that Alexa would be added to their Amazon Shopping app on Android device, just as it was added to the same app for iOS devices earlier this year. It has finally happened so Android phone users can now access Alexa on the go. Just be sure you have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app and tap the microphone icon in the top-right corner to talk to Alexa the same way you do on Fire TV or Echo devices.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:12 AM   #2408
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon likely clearing out Echo supply for next-gen models

Quote:
The Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Amazon Tap went on sale earlier this week and currently remain on sale. Whenever Amazon devices randomly go on sale, people are always too quick to conclude that the retailer must be clearing out stock of the current models because new models will soon be announced. That is usually not what is happening and it’s usually just a regular sale. However, while I hardly ever take this stance, I do believe this current sale is actually meant to clear out stock for an imminent announcement of new models.

There are several reasons why this sale feels more like a fire sale meant to clear out stock than just a regular sale. The Verge is reporting that the current sale for the Amazon Echo, which has dropped the price from $179.99 to $99.99, is scheduled to last for 2 weeks, until September 4th. I keep track of Amazon device sales pretty closely in order to keep my Buyer’s Guide accurate and up to date. It’s very rare for an Amazon device sale to last more than a week, but it has definitely happened before. What I’ve never seen is a sale that discounts the device as much as the Echo is currently discounted last for so long.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #2409
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Also on sale in the UK at similar discounts, if that's relevant.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #2410
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Great! Now I'll be yet another device behind in the Latest Greatest Device Race.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #2411
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Great! Now I'll be yet another device behind in the Latest Greatest Device Race.
Come join the highly competitive Most Defunct Devices in Active Use Race instead, in that case. I have to warn you, though, I'm a serious contender.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #2412
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Come join the highly competitive Most Defunct Devices in Active Use Race instead, in that case. I have to warn you, though, I'm a serious contender.
Can I join too?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:33 PM   #2413
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:20 PM   #2414
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hope they make a Tap that you can actually just tap instead of having to pick up and hold it every time you press the button? And with some kind of disposable or washable cover so you can use it while working with dirty hands?

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 08-26-2017 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
cc_in_oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #2415
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
And with some kind of disposable or washable cover so you can use it while working with dirty hands?
Maybe someone will knit you a Tap cozy.

ApK is offline   Reply With Quote