Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: kobo, android phone/tablet
quick search using "and" instead of "or"

I like the functionality Calibre has of being able to click on 2 or 3 tags in order to quickly display all items with those tags. For example, I can click on the history tag, then the WWII tag then the Biography tag. The resulting automatic search is for History OR WWII OR Biography.

Is there a quick way of doing the same thing but with AND instead of OR? When I use this functionality, 99% of the time I want to find books that are tagged as all three.

Currently I have to go into the resulting auto search line and replace every instance of 'or' with 'and'.

The use of "restrict to" works if I "fix" my search on the first item, say "history" but it still doesn't help when then wanting to narrow twice, with WWII and Biography.
filmgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgal View Post
I like the functionality Calibre has of being able to click on 2 or 3 tags in order to quickly display all items with those tags. For example, I can click on the history tag, then the WWII tag then the Biography tag. The resulting automatic search is for History OR WWII OR Biography.

Is there a quick way of doing the same thing but with AND instead of OR? When I use this functionality, 99% of the time I want to find books that are tagged as all three.

Currently I have to go into the resulting auto search line and replace every instance of 'or' with 'and'.

The use of "restrict to" works if I "fix" my search on the first item, say "history" but it still doesn't help when then wanting to narrow twice, with WWII and Biography.
Go to the bottom of the Tag browser
See the button? Click it
Match type: All
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: kobo, android phone/tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Go to the bottom of the Tag browser
See the button? Click it
Match type: All
Brilliant! I figured there was no way a programmer could exclude that option. Thanks!
filmgal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
search