Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Trouble loading DRM-ed books i62HD

I just bought a i62 HD and I tried loading over two drm-ed books and one non-drm with Adobe digital edition. The non-drm works fine but the DRM-ones don't. I can open them but they just register as one blank page. They look okay if you open the Boox in Adobe digital edition and I tried deleting and reloading them. I also tried using Coolreader instead of FBreader but there was no difference.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
as much as I know, free software like fbreader and coolreader cannot handle drm- protected files. You can legaly only use the adobe software, which i believe is the pdfreader
cheers
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks :-) I 've also see that there is an icon for DRM where you're supposed to fill in some kind of login info. Any idea what that is?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Thanks :-) I 've also see that there is an icon for DRM where you're supposed to fill in some kind of login info. Any idea what that is?
That's the same login info you used to purchase your DRM-ed ebook. If you are using more than one ebook vendor, it is better that you activate your device with the PC program: launch PC program. Connect Boox. Answer yes to "activate". Then you need to connect your Boox to the PC program each time you want to put ebooks with DRM. Ebook vendor will allow you to download a ACSM file that will be opened (mostly automatically) by PC program and then allowed to download your ebook.

However I do not know if Boox works or not with DRM books because I do not purchase DRM-ed books and in the rare occasions I purchase one, I remove DRM before read it. It is supposed it will work as expected, as it did my old Boox 60.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
owly
Guru

Thanks for the info :-) Seems like the easiest thing is to remove the DRM.

Last edited by owly; 07-12-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #6
owly
Guru

Yup, stripping the DRM worked. Used the little freeware program [Mod: link to DRM-removal software deleted]

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-13-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Direct links to DRM-removal software are not allowed on MobileRead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
owly
Guru

Sorry!