Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1201
AlberZeal
AlberZeal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I'd love to get out of sleep mode by using the home button or touching the screen (like a double tap on a corner or something like that)

AlberZeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #1202
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlberZeal View Post
I'd love to get out of sleep mode by using the home button or touching the screen (like a double tap on a corner or something like that)
Sounds like your next device down the track might be a one-step upgrade, to a device with a SleepCover. I love it.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #1203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlberZeal View Post
Using the home button might be doable, but touching the screen probably isn't. This would mean leaving the IR on which would use the battery.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #1204
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
A sleep cover would be great.
The latest firmware causes my touch to freeze which it never I'd before. The screen has become unresponsive to page turns. I know others have had issues with page turns but my KT has always behaved well until now.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #1205
AlberZeal
AlberZeal began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Sounds like your next device down the track might be a one-step upgrade, to a device with a SleepCover. I love it.
That sounds really great : p

Quote:
Using the home button might be doable, but touching the screen probably isn't. This would mean leaving the IR on which would use the battery.
Home button then! It's just a matter of reachability for me, nothing serious. But I believe it could be easy to implement.
AlberZeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 AM   #1206
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

When you a reading with light "ON" but very low, can you see is a very small flicker of leds ?

Add after :
Soory I made a mistake I didn't want to post this message here ! How can I delete it?

Last edited by akorx; 08-27-2013 at 03:33 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #1207
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Add evernote. That is the last thing keeping me from buying one!
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #1208
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Im getting one for xmas!!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #1209
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

Not sure if it's been brought up here before, but yesterday I investigated the settings to see if I could change them to something more usable for one-handed (right) operation; I currently use the "thirds" setting, where middle of the page is "settings".
Tried one of the two-thirds options, and things didn't seem to be working at all as expected; on closer inspection, I saw that the far right-hand third is set to "back", whilst the remaining left two-thirds is set to "forward". I find this counter-intuitive; I want to be able to continue using the far-right as forward, and just be able to move my thumb a bit further over to activate the "back"? I don't want to have to reach over to go forward, I want to be able to just move my thumb off the bezel to tap forward, and if I miss something then I can make the "effort" to reach over further with the thumb to tap the left two-thirds to go back.

Maybe a setup that also had the "settings" up the top of the middle third, so you can hold the Touch one'handed from the bottom, use your thumb to go forwards/backwards, and bring in your other hand to touch the top for settings on the rare instance you want to do something with it?

PS. If holding one-handed I tend to hold it with my thumb upright on the side bezel and my pinky holding up the book, poking out near the Home button.
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #1210
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK View Post
Not sure if it's been brought up here before, but yesterday I investigated the settings to see if I could change them to something more usable for one-handed (right) operation; I currently use the "thirds" setting, where middle of the page is "settings".
Tried one of the two-thirds options, and things didn't seem to be working at all as expected; on closer inspection, I saw that the far right-hand third is set to "back", whilst the remaining left two-thirds is set to "forward". I find this counter-intuitive; I want to be able to continue using the far-right as forward, and just be able to move my thumb a bit further over to activate the "back"?
I use the other two-thirds setting: the one where the right two-thirds is page forward, and the left third is page back. But when using it one-handed, I mostly just do a small left-swipe with my right thumb to page backwards. You only need a few mm of swipe to register.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #1211
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

That other setting would maybe work for the odd occasion that I'm holding it in my left hand (generally depends on which seat I'm in on the train), but would be good to have the other option for right-handedness.
Never did get swipes to work properly so gave up on them and stuck with a "definite" planted thumb-press. Guess I should give the swipes another go and see if I have any better luck (newer firmware for one)
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #1212
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Wrong thread...

Last edited by DNSB; 10-08-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Writing offline and posted to wrong thread...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #1213
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK View Post
That other setting would maybe work for the odd occasion that I'm holding it in my left hand (generally depends on which seat I'm in on the train), but would be good to have the other option for right-handedness.
Never did get swipes to work properly so gave up on them and stuck with a "definite" planted thumb-press. Guess I should give the swipes another go and see if I have any better luck (newer firmware for one)
The limited options for configuring page-turning has been mentioned before. However, the tap for one way and swipe for the other is one I use with success.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #1214
fil9998
Enthusiast
fil9998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
1 dimmed size of listst of ebooks so ti show 15 or 20 titles ina page and not only 6 as it is now that results in very very very slow browsing trough pages and pages to look at every book in the kobo.

2 "search" would serch firs in local library and THEN in shop library on line.
fil9998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #1215
rone1986
Enthusiast
rone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beautyrone1986 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crochetgeek2010 View Post
Add evernote. That is the last thing keeping me from buying one!
Evernote - Yes! This would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9998 View Post
1 dimmed size of listst of ebooks so ti show 15 or 20 titles ina page and not only 6 as it is now that results in very very very slow browsing trough pages and pages to look at every book in the kobo.

2 "search" would serch firs in local library and THEN in shop library on line.
And both of these. Especially having Search Library and THEN Store. I understand why they show Store results first, but it's frustrating.
rone1986 is offline   Reply With Quote