Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #166
riedje
riedje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
For what it's worth, I just tried Calibre 0.9.31 and got the same result as with 0.9.30. So, for me atleast, it's back to 0.9.29 for the time being...
riedje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #167
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Version 1.3.2 is posted! People with as much patience as me can grab it from the first post, or calibre should hopefully tell you to update in the next couple days.

Anyone who stayed on calibre 0.9.29, you can update to 0.9.31 now.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #168
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might like to rewrite the blurb in your initial post to update the fact it's now tested on 2.5.2 rather than leaving it buried in the version history.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #169
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot that with 1.3.1, but it should be there now?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #170
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Version 1.3.2 is posted! People with as much patience as me can grab it from the first post, or calibre should hopefully tell you to update in the next couple days.

Anyone who stayed on calibre 0.9.29, you can update to 0.9.31 now.
Hello,

I have downloaded the last version from the first post and installed it on Calibre 0.9.31 64bit.
I test with a Kobo Min and a Gloi, firmware 2.5.2.
It works well for many books, but, for some books it crashes.
These books were sended well with previous version of the plugin.
You can find one of them here : http://depositfiles.com/files/kmpqdeevk
The error message is :
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.31
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le lecteur électronique

Failed to parse '[Bourbon Kid-1] Le Livre Sans Nom' by 'Anonyme' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 259, in upload_books
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse '[Bourbon Kid-1] Le Livre Sans Nom' by 'Anonyme' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)
If you want more books and error logs, just ask me.
Thanks.

Edit : For all books in error, the logs are the same (same lines numbres)
I tried with 240 books (already sent succesfully with previous version of the plugin), 11 can't be sent.

Last edited by Mingyar; 05-17-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #171
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Please open a GitHub bug report? Details are in the first post. Please make sure to include the link to the book in the bug report.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #172
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Please open a GitHub bug report? Details are in the first post. Please make sure to include the link to the book in the bug report.
Hello jgoguen. I opened a bug report.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #173
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I had 490 books to add to a new SD card. 44 did not transfer as .kepub.epub. They did transfer as .epub. My book shelves were a mess. For example, I have 3 books by Margaret Atwood on a shelf called Atwood. The shelf ended up on my Aura with three books, but not those three books.

This is with the newest version of the plugin and the newest version of calibre running 2.5.2--and on an Aura. I know that the Aura is somewhat of a mystery, but neither of these problems were happening with .29 and the older plugin.

I continue to have an issue with .kepub.epub files never landing on the home screen when they are on an SD card. I have no idea if it is a firmware issue, or plugin related. I don't imagine you will either until you get an Aura.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #174
Mingyar
Connoisseur

Very good news !
It works much better now.

@jgoguen, I commented the bug you closed to give you the 2 books wich failed (2000 books tested) and the associated logs.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #175
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I had 490 books to add to a new SD card. 44 did not transfer as .kepub.epub. They did transfer as .epub. My book shelves were a mess. For example, I have 3 books by Margaret Atwood on a shelf called Atwood. The shelf ended up on my Aura with three books, but not those three books.

This is with the newest version of the plugin and the newest version of calibre running 2.5.2--and on an Aura. I know that the Aura is somewhat of a mystery, but neither of these problems were happening with .29 and the older plugin.

I continue to have an issue with .kepub.epub files never landing on the home screen when they are on an SD card. I have no idea if it is a firmware issue, or plugin related. I don't imagine you will either until you get an Aura.
Sounds like you have the "Silently Ignore Failed Conversions" option enabled. Would you disable it and reproduce the issue with a book being sent as an ePub in debug mode and post the debug log to a bug report? Maybe include also one book that worked and went to the Atwood shelf and one that should have but didn't?
Old 05-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #176
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Very good news !
It works much better now.

@jgoguen, I commented the bug you closed to give you the 2 books wich failed (2000 books tested) and the associated logs.
It looks like I failed to consider processing instructions. That should be a fairly easy fix.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #177
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I suspect it's a firmware issue. The only image mangling I do is to set the ImageID field in the database for books in the calibre library that don't have an ImageID defined on the device. As per usual, the truly hard work (scaling the image, moving it to the right place, making sure it all works properly) is done by davidfor's driver and calibre. Provided the images are in the right place and the ImageID is being set, which I have no doubt is happening properly, only the device is left to cause problems.

I wonder if that's only an Aura bug or if it's happening on the Glo or Mini as well?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #178
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I suspect it's a firmware issue. The only image mangling I do is to set the ImageID field in the database for books in the calibre library that don't have an ImageID defined on the device. As per usual, the truly hard work (scaling the image, moving it to the right place, making sure it all works properly) is done by davidfor's driver and calibre. Provided the images are in the right place and the ImageID is being set, which I have no doubt is happening properly, only the device is left to cause problems.

I wonder if that's only an Aura bug or if it's happening on the Glo or Mini as well?
It doesn't happen with the Touch or Glo.

@taming: I have assumed the books were in the library list, but I just realised you hadn't said if they were. Are they? And if you open them there, do they get shown on the home screen?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #179
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I am able to side load all my books into my Kobo Aura expect from one book:

When I do it I get this error message:

Code:
Failed to parse 'The Hobbit' by 'J. R. R. Tolkien' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.driver", line 259, in upload_books
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'The Hobbit' by 'J. R. R. Tolkien' with error: 'this element does not have children or attributes' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 492)
Anybody know what is going on?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #180
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

That's currently being worked on. I didn't realize that comment and processing instruction nodes work much differently from other node types and none of the books I have had either type in them so I never saw this until too late. I think I've got it but I want to check with some other combinations of nodes.

Tags
error, kobo aura one