Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #121
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free: Jezebel's Blues by Barbara Samuel (Ruth Wind), first published as Silhouette Special Edition, No 785, November 1992.

Amazon US Amazon UK

Quote:
When the Jezebel River overflows her banks and tries to swallow the small town of Gideon in East Texas, Celia Moon is alone and frightened in the farmhouse she inherited from her grandmother. When a mesmerizing and troubled drifter washes up on her porch, she has no choice but to take him in. As the river rises, the pair retreat to the attic to ride out the storm—and discover a compelling attraction.

The daughter of two artists who were besotted with each other, Celia has always felt the odd woman out. She yearns to find a place she can call her own, a family of her own, and a life that has some stability and meaning. Her grandmother’s farmhouse in Gideon has always represented that.

Eric fled his grim childhood in Gideon to find a life as an acclaimed blues guitarist, but that life has been taken from him, too, and he’s back in Gideon with a chip on his shoulder that hides the vast hunger he, too, feels to find his place, his home, his life. Waiting out the storm with sunny, optimistic Celia, he wonders if maybe there’s a place in Gideon for him after all, in the arms of a woman who might know more than she thinks about acceptance.

A novel as rich and deep as a river, Jezebel’s Blues is both a haunting love story and a tale of finding your way to accepting yourself.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #122
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free: The Last Rogue (Rogue Trilogy #3) by Connie Mason. First published in print by Leisure Books, 2004.

Amazon US Amazon UK

Quote:
With her trademark sensuality and action-packed style, Connie Mason presents the much-anticipated final book of the regency-era Rogue trilogy in which smuggling and intrigue abound along the Cornish coast.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #123
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Pete US DE by Leigh Greenwood (Leisure 1999).

Quote:
While traveling through Wyoming Territory, Pete Jernigan is robbed and left for dead. After recovering from a gunshot wound to the head, he sets out to find the two men who stole everything he owned, including his gold. His search leads him to the body and belongings of Peter Warren of Illinois. It seems Peter was on his way to claim a large cattle ranch as his inheritance when someone killed him. Pete believes that if he goes to the Tumbling T ranch, he'll find the murderers who stole his gold and killed Peter. What he doesn't count on is having to assume the identity of Peter Warren to protect Peter's wife-by-proxy. Anne Thompson is going to be forced to marry her uncle's choice for a husband if her real husband doesn't arrive and claim his inheritance. When Pete shows up and rescues Anne from her uncle and his cronies, she is amazed. This can't possibly be the same timid Peter Warren she knew as a child. It's been ten years since Anne has seen Peter and she wants to believe that this strong, handsome and protective man is her husband.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #124
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free:

A Dixie Christmas by Sandra Hill
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Note: Repeat Freebie: 12/2011
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books

A Moment In Time by Deb Stover
Genre: Paranormal Historical Romance (Time Travel)
Former Publisher: Zebra (2000)

Last edited by Blossom; 11-16-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #125
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
new Kindle special offer: $1 Romance Book (limited selection, though)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #126
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free at B&N The Gatekeeper
by Heather Graham

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781459242845

Auntykatkat
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #127
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
Free at B&N The Gatekeeper
by Heather Graham

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...=9781459242845

Auntykatkat
Free at Amazon too

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gatekeeper...heather+graham
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #128
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
10 books to choose from? Really? *wrinkles nose*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free:

A Moment In Time by Deb Stover
Genre: Paranormal Historical Romance (Time Travel)
Former Publisher: Zebra (2000)
One of the reviews says

Sometimes a bad hair day can last more than a century.

I think I would rather have paid for this book! (I am a sucker for time travel romances.)

Thanks for all the titles today, folks!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #129
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
It's still 99 cents for U.S customers.
So that was the problem. I was signed in with a canadian account. Either way I prefer epub.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #130
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Yeah.....those are some boring covers and titles. I am not even going to bother looking at the descriptions. How about some popular romance, Amazon?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #131
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I got excited last night when I sent it to my email only to scratch my head. Other than Carolyn Brown I've never even heard of these authors.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #132
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

One of the reviews says

Sometimes a bad hair day can last more than a century.

I think I would rather have paid for this book! (I am a sucker for time travel romances.)

Thanks for all the titles today, folks!
buy it now free. if you like it well enough to compensate the author, when it goes back up to "full price", you can perm-delete it from your library and repurchase it.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #133
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I got excited last night when I sent it to my email only to scratch my head. Other than Carolyn Brown I've never even heard of these authors.
Neither have I. They are name publisher titles, but none I've checked have caught my eye (no doubt due to the overly boring covers).
Old 11-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #134
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Neither have I. They are name publisher titles, but none I've checked have caught my eye (no doubt due to the overly boring covers).
Covers I can overlook if need be but no name authors even a $1 isn't worth it when I can get something else for 99 cents that I am interested in. I miss the old days when they offer some good books.

Tonight I have been getting my Christmas Reads list together. Spent some money on eBay buying a few paperbacks Why is it most Christmas stories are like 3rd or 4th book in a series? So hard to find good stand alone stories these days. Yep it's that time of the year again! Where did the year go?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #135
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
The Gatekeeper by Heather Graham is free directly from Harlequin, too.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote