Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #106
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It looks like he took down the browsable version of the CD and forgot to do the ISO, because that's definately the CD we've been talking about.
Okay, that's what I thought too. Thanks. An oversight.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #107
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I just checked, and the iso version is gone too now.

Clarify: it's apparently gone from the Fifth Imperium site, but I guess if you know how and where to look, you can still find it.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 08-27-2012 at 07:07 PM.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #108
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Or just kindly ask someone who has it.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #109
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post

Clarify: it's apparently gone from the Fifth Imperium site, but I guess if you know how and where to look, you can still find it.
No, it's still there. I just checked. I must be looking at a different page.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #110
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio777 View Post
No, it's still there. I just checked. I must be looking at a different page.

It's gone from Fifth Imperium, but still on Freedoors. Freedoors appears to have pulled down their version that's viewable online, but missed pulling their ISO.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #111
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I go to this page I see a line for it, but no links associated with it.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #112
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
When I go to this page I see a line for it, but no links associated with it.
Yes, that's the Fifth Imperium. As I said it's gone there, but as Indio found it's still up at the freedoors site (which also got a request to remove).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #113
BeccaPrice
Wizard

ah, so we've been talking past each other - I figured something like that.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #114
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
For what it is worth, when I pull the copy from freedoors all but three of the books are corrupted and unreadable in every format i tried (epub/html/prc). Same story from another source. I may try it from home (tried at work yesterday) but don't really expect a different outcome. Another member had also sent me a link to the iso from a different site, but the same problem.

unless it is the software I used to mount the iso as a fake disk drive, might have to try an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Or just kindly ask someone who has it.
Umm, someone want to help a fella out? Since the license on the disc permits sharing.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #115
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Umm, someone want to help a fella out? Since the license on the disc permits sharing.
Ironically - and amusingly, I might add - I can give you a hand.

You plug Dropbox in your footer. If you have 450MB or so of space, I can drop you a copy of the ISO.
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #116
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Ironically - and amusingly, I might add - I can give you a hand.

You plug Dropbox in your footer. If you have 450MB or so of space, I can drop you a copy of the ISO.
Sent you a PM
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #117
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
The crazy thing about all this is that I KNOW from personal experience that the CD idea works.

I became aware of Baen late 90's when I bought a hardcover of Ringo's "There will be dragons"

I was puzzled to find that CD in the back of the book.

I believe hat I have spent several hundred dollars in Baen books by now.

Cheers

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #118
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
The crazy thing about all this is that I KNOW from personal experience that the CD idea works.

I became aware of Baen late 90's when I bought a hardcover of Ringo's "There will be dragons"

I was puzzled to find that CD in the back of the book.

I believe hat I have spent several hundred dollars in Baen books by now.

Cheers

Art
That proves it works for Baen, particularly when the person who got the CD was interested enough in a Baen author to buy a hardback book. But that's a different question from whether making all of Bujold's work available for free on the internet works for her, specifically.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #119
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
That proves it works for Baen, particularly when the person who got the CD was interested enough in a Baen author to buy a hardback book. But that's a different question from whether making all of Bujold's work available for free on the internet works for her, specifically.
I've found a few authors from the fifthimperium CDs that I've purchased every new release book since getting hooked on the freebies. I had never heard of Baen before being linked to the CDs, now over 75% of my book purchases are from Baen.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #120
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
Well it worked for LMB because since I got the iso I bought everything else I could find by her....and paper copies of three of the books on the cd to give to my ereader challenged husband.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote