Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #271
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
I've been looking for a hard/stiff case for protecting my T1 whilst in my rucksack. I've bought the igadgitz eva hard case for the Kindle Touch - fits great and its only £9 from Amazon UK (also some on ebay just search eva case kindle touch)

Pics below - sizing is near perfect - couple of millimetres each spare each side (means you can fit stylus in though) but tight top and bottom.

Last edited by gari189; 01-28-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: ?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #272
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gari189 View Post
I've been looking for a hard/stiff case for protecting my T1 whilst in my rucksack. I've bought the igadgitz eva hard case for the Kindle Touch - fits great and its only £9 from Amazon UK (also some on ebay just search eva case kindle touch)

Pics below - sizing is near perfect - couple of millimetres each spare each side (means you can fit stylus in though) but tight top and bottom.

Snazzy! I really like that one. They don't seem to have it at amazon.ca, unfortunately!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #273
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Same case is listed on Ebay.com by the same seller (Innov8) and they ship to US and Canada (looks like it costs 16 USD shipped) Item number is 350516824058 and is called "Black EVA Hard Case Cover for New Amazon Kindle Touch Wi-Fi 6" 3G Travel Sleeve"
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #274
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

Device: PRS-T1
A heads-up for anyone looking for a Sony cover...I just discovered that they are currently half price ($19.99) at Sony Canada online. The AC adapters are also 50% off. ($14.99) These prices include shipping.

Glen

Last edited by camperbc; 01-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.
camperbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #275
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperbc View Post
A heads-up for anyone looking for a Sony cover...I just discovered that they are currently half price ($19.99) at Sony Canada online. The AC adapters are also 50% off. ($14.99)

Glen
Thanks for the heads up!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #276
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
A heads-up for anyone looking for a Sony cover...I just discovered that they are currently half price ($19.99) at Sony Canada online. The AC adapters are also 50% off. ($14.99)

Glen
Nice! Come on Sony UK - you can sell them at half price too
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #277
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Got my BookArmor case, don't have camera untill friday. But first impressions:
Quite utilitarian desing, inside is shiny black ABC, and mounting. Some plate behind device.
Bit of flex on the frontside, don't think it's too much an issue.
I would have hoped atleast place for stylus, but no luck. Might have to modify it myself.
Bit costly thinking the materials, but can't help.
Outside quite stylish and minimalistic. Plastic has bit of carbonfiberish texture.
Size is bit large, about 2-3cm on each side, extra protection anyway...

I have to see how it works out in use, but for somewhat hars enviroments I carry it might be a proper one...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #278
maritimer
Maritimer
maritimer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-300 & T1
Quote:
A heads-up for anyone looking for a Sony cover...I just discovered that they are currently half price ($19.99) at Sony Canada online. The AC adapters are also 50% off. ($14.99) These prices include shipping.

Glen
And the case with light ( PRSACL10B) is $29,99. You can price match at Staples or FS and get it for $27.49- a good deal for sure.
Thanks Glen.
maritimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #279
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I just received the official case/cover I ordered two days ago really the only reason was I wanted the light but didn't want to use the thin battery's that third party cases seemed to solely use. Paid full price in the UK unfortunately and my first impressions aren't that great. It fits the reader well enough obviously and the light itself seems to give a nice illumination.

My very first impression is I noticed the material seems to pick up fingerprints just as bad as the reader. Maybe it will grow on me but £40 really feels overpriced to me for something I feel should have came with the reader in the first case.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #280
shobi
shobi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
What about this Eva hard case for the Kindle Fire 7"?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-hard-e...item4843df3ff2

I'm guessing the dimensions listed; Dimensions: 3.46 x 5.9 x 1 are wrong because the Kindle Fire is longer than 5.9"

If you look at the chart tho the dimensions listed are 200mm x 133m for maximum device size. The PRS-T1's dimensions are 175mm x 111mm.

Has anyone tried this case for their PRS-T1?
shobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #281
Borges
Borges has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: sony
I haven't seen this option shown in this thread. It's made for the Kindle touch but fits the Sony prs-650 and prs-t1. http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Eco-Fl...319560&sr=8-13
Borges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #282
Mikeloftus
Mikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notesMikeloftus can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony Prs T1
The JIVO kindle 4 covers are great and fit perfectly. They are on offer for £20 in Tesco at the moment!
Mikeloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #283
aimango
aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Anyone know of a decent and fairly cheap sleeve I can get for the T1?
Thanks!
aimango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #284
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I just want a genuinly hard case for a T1, that will survive a fair bit of weight, or landing on floor, that can confidently be shoved in a rucksac without worrying about it, and fastens/ closes securely.
In don't care what it looks like, don't want a "soft" feel, don't need space for anything extra, dont need a zip, ......I just want a solid protective box without any bells or whistles.
Don't really care if it's made for something else, as long as it's strong !

I'm having the same problem with my new TomTom Via (the wide one).
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #285
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I just want a genuinly hard case for a T1, that will survive a fair bit of weight, or landing on floor, that can confidently be shoved in a rucksac without worrying about it, and fastens/ closes securely.
In don't care what it looks like, don't want a "soft" feel, don't need space for anything extra, dont need a zip, ......I just want a solid protective box without any bells or whistles.
Don't really care if it's made for something else, as long as it's strong !

I'm having the same problem with my new TomTom Via (the wide one).
BookArmor Shield Edition feels like it could standup against some beating. Haven't realy tried it yet for serious beating...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote